• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ervin Santana

Hubs

10 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He had a 4.68 ERA last year in 65 innings for the Royals, and finished 19 games. If it's for the ML minimum, take a shot and let him finish his career here.

He'd be fine in the role Guerra should have been limited to. The guy you bring in when a SP gives up 6+ in first 2 IP, or to cover last three innings of a blowout.

32 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Randomly just followed my Twitter account. 

I didn't even follow him, even though he was one of my favorite Angels pitchers. 

I though he retired? I guess he's pitching out of the pen now? Any interest in bringing him back as a reliever?

Are you male or female? If you are an attractive females that may explain the random follow 

9 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If it wasn't for his history with the club would you be advocating for signing him?  I'm guessing no.  I agree with Erstad Grit that Santana was underappreciated by Angels fans but there's got to be better ways to spend even the league minimum. 

If he didn't randomly follow me on twitter...I wouldn't ever have thought of him. I thought he was retired.

I still thought they should've brought him back after 12, even after his bad year. (5.16 ERA in 30 starts). I was obviously right, because he had 5 good seasons, (one of them shortened by injury) after that for KC, ATL, and MIN. (3.24 ERA in 30 starts, 3.95 in 31, 4.00 in 17, 3.38 in 30, 3.28 in 33 starts).

At 39, he isn't probably a starter anymore, but he was great in the second half with a 3.16 ERA down the stretch for KC.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

If he didn't randomly follow me on twitter...I wouldn't ever have thought of him. I thought he was retired.

I still thought they should've brought him back after 12, even after his bad year. (5.16 ERA in 30 starts). I was obviously right, because he had 5 good seasons, (one of them shortened by injury) after that for KC, ATL, and MIN. (3.24 ERA in 30 starts, 3.95 in 31, 4.00 in 17, 3.38 in 30, 3.28 in 33 starts).

At 39, he isn't probably a starter anymore, but he was great in the second half with a 3.16 ERA down the stretch for KC.

Agreed. I was real bummed out when we let him go. Always liked him. I get he frustrated people, but when you see what followed him...

He was a solid middle rotation, home grown guy. Unless there was some personal stuff, like he didnt mesh with the team or wharever, i dont know why we didnt keep him

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Agreed. I was real bummed out when we let him go. Always liked him. I get he frustrated people, but when you see what followed him...

He was a solid middle rotation, home grown guy. Unless there was some personal stuff, like he didnt mesh with the team or wharever, i dont know why we didnt keep him

The 5.16 ERA in his final season probably.

They had Weaver and Wilson under big contracts that year but let Haren go too that year.

People don't realize that in 2011 we had one of the best starting staff's in baseball, then in 12 there was regression. Santana started 30 games in 2012, how many guys have started at least 30 in the 9 seasons after 12? (Six- Wilson in 2013 & 2014, Weaver in 2014 & 2016, Richards in 2015, Santiago in 2015, Nolasco in 2017, Heaney in 2018).

No one in 2019 or 2021 got to 30. In 2020, we had three guys go the full 11 or 12 starts...but that isn't the same.

Liked Ervin but his MLB debut was pretty ragged.  Gave up "the cycle" to the first 4 Cleveland Indian batters.  Watched on the hospital TV while waiting for granddaughter #3 to be born.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020/05/tribe-cycles-through-ervin-santanas-debut-on-this-date-in-cleveland-indians-history.html

24 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I was vocal at the time that we gave up on him too early as well. However I don't think that means we should pursue him now. 

Hell yeah we should go after him! When this team is 15 games out in mid August do I want to watch Ervin Santana pitch or some random guy we claimed off waivers from the Cardinals in mid July?

I have reached a point where I don't think the Angels will realistically win anything in the foreseeable future so I'm judging all moves based on whether or not it will be fun or enjoyable to watch. 

33 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Obviously you're new here. I am male. I posted something about Syndergaard not taking Adenhart's number, that probably earned me the follow.

He followed me a couple of years ago.  I think you're right he probably followed based on an Angels tweet by you.  There a a couple of ML'ers that follow almost everyone.

34 minutes ago, Hubs said:

The 5.16 ERA in his final season probably.

They had Weaver and Wilson under big contracts that year but let Haren go too that year.

People don't realize that in 2011 we had one of the best starting staff's in baseball, then in 12 there was regression. Santana started 30 games in 2012, how many guys have started at least 30 in the 9 seasons after 12? (Six- Wilson in 2013 & 2014, Weaver in 2014 & 2016, Richards in 2015, Santiago in 2015, Nolasco in 2017, Heaney in 2018).

No one in 2019 or 2021 got to 30. In 2020, we had three guys go the full 11 or 12 starts...but that isn't the same.

Yeah, I know he sucked in 13. (But almost all our guys fell off a cliff). He just felt like one of those guys we would have kept. Was really surprised when we didnt.

And I very much remember 11. Its weird... we did everything right in the 2000s... then hit this thing where we could either pitch, or hit. Never both together.

Then we couldnt do either.

Weaver/Haren/Santana was filthy in 11. 

27 minutes ago, OldAndInTheWay said:

Liked Ervin but his MLB debut was pretty ragged.  Gave up "the cycle" to the first 4 Cleveland Indian batters.  Watched on the hospital TV while waiting for granddaughter #3 to be born.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020/05/tribe-cycles-through-ervin-santanas-debut-on-this-date-in-cleveland-indians-history.html

he pitched his no-hitter on my daughter's bday.

speaking of random, santana sent me a friend request on facebook. that was completely unexpected.