• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 Midterms

mmc

What will the makeup of Congress be after the 2022 election?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will the makeup of Congress be after the 2022 election?

• D House and Senate
    • R House and Senate
    • D House, R Senate
    • R House, D Senate

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've been watching a lot of Jimmy Dore. He's the best kind of leftist

December 2020, Dore circulated a plan to make Nancy Pelosi's re-election as Speaker of the House conditional on Medicare for All receiving a floor vote. The plan was endorsed by Justin Jackson of the Los Angeles Chargers, political commentators Krystal Ball and Briahna Joy Gray, and Cornel West.

But then:

In a July 2021 interview on Fox Nation's Tucker Carlson Today, Dore said that the United States is an oligarchy dominated by two corporate parties that are unaccountable to the general population. He emphasized that Joe Biden and the Democratic Party use identity politics to placate their political base so as to avoid having to implement populist progressive policies like raising the minimum wage, forgiving student debt, or establishing single-payer healthcare.

He sounds like your kind of opportunist.

Jimmy Dore has this dumb thing going on where he thinks the left can make common cause with the populist right.  It’s not serious.  It’s an extremely transparent money grab from those types of people.  That’s my main issue with him.   Ostensibly tho, he does espouse some lefty economic ideas.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Publicly supported Medicare for All one year then went on Tucker the next year and railed against the radical progressive agenda, including universal health care.

Weird because on pretty much every show he talks about his number one issue being medicare for all. He's great on mainstream media and how evil establishment politicians are

If you read what you quoted he said Biden and establishment dems have no interest is passing progressive policies. He didn't say he didn't want that.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Weird because on pretty much every show he talks about his number one issue being medicare for all. He's great on mainstream media and how evil establishment politicians are

If you read what you quoted he said Biden and establishment dems have no interest is passing progressive policies. He didn't say he didn't want that.

And he’s right about all that! 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

The reason people like Dore and Greenwald go on Tucker is because he'll have them on and mainstream dem networks won't because they hold the left accountable for their failures to produce progressive achievements. 

Greenwald is pretty plainly a right wing operative at this point.  He’s a Thiel guy.  He’s even turned on Lula at this point.  That guy is completely full of shit.  And tbh, I think they’ve got pictures of him being a pedophile or some shit.  It’s all I’ve got for his complete capitulation to these right wing characters.  Something crazy is going there.  

that all said, once upon a time he did great work.  His making the Snowden stuff public was a genuinely great thing.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Greenwald is pretty plainly a right wing operative at this point.  He’s a Thiel guy.  He’s even turned on Luna at this point.  That guy is completely full of shit.  And tbh, I think they’ve got pictures of him being a pedophile or some shit.  It’s all I’ve got for his complete capitulation to these right wing characters.  Something crazy is going there.  

that all said, once upon a time he did great work.  His making the Snowden stuff public was a genuinely great thing.   

He seems to be more of a grifter than a washed up comedian

1 hour ago, Jason said:

This is my dog. Her name is Luna

4F010C9A-D67F-4197-B4EE-569C816D3009.jpeg

Luna is delightful.  Thank you.  

specifically tho, I was talking about Luiz Lula (goddamn auto correct) the leftist former president and likely to be president again of Brazil.  Greenwald has been a huge supporter of his for years.  Greenwalds husband is Brazilian congressman and former ally of Lula.  I don’t know thats still the case with the husband but Greenwald has out of nowhere significantly cooled on Lula.    

There is probably going to be a nasty showdown there because it looks like Bolsanaro is not going to lose and go away.  Keep your eyes on the news for that.  It’s coming. 

i am pleased that the autocorrect gave you a reason to share you dog tho.  Very wonderful!

Edited by UndertheHalo