• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t really NEED this answer.  Just thinking out loud on what seems to make sense and what doesn’t seem to make sense.

You are correct, I'm told.

Teams can talk trades with each other, even though they can't talk to the players or complete any deals, which makes it sort of pointless, but it will give the GM's something to do.

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This would just be cruel at this point

Cishek just seemed worse than he was because he was overused (74 appearances) and the team was bad.

He has had a 2.18 ERA in 2018, 2.95 in 2019, 5.40 in limited 2020, and 3.42 with the Angels last year. He's a good reliever.

He had a career high in walks per 9 last year and his WHIP was too high. But he had a decent FIP. 

He suffered with a .304 BABIP, as opposed to two seasons in the .240's with the Cubs before the COVID season. 

He allowed 26/61 runners to score, but I think most of these were in the first half, and he was quite good in the second half.

He also had the 5th most appearances in baseball.

Essentially he and Mayers shared the 8th inning role last season, and with Loup/Warren/Etc., they get bumped down to 6th and 7th.

He's a veteran presence at a very affordable rate, and he and Mayers should be retained. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You are correct, I'm told.

Teams can talk trades with each other, even though they can't talk to the players or complete any deals, which makes it sort of pointless, but it will give the GM's something to do.

Thank you Jeff