• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

52 minutes ago, mmc said:

So do you guys expect another move for us before the lockout?

50 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Pujols

Angels already pinched that loaf.  However, there is another one staging....

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, realistically we're at the limit we all thought Arte would draw. 

He's not cheap. He's just a terrible fucking owner.

They're probably around 10M shy of last year's number, and I fully expect them to add more pieces once the lockout comes to a close.

13 minutes ago, mmc said:

The good will earned by re-signing Iglesias will have lasted less than 24 hours, as this place will go nuts with all significant FA SPs off the board, lol.

That said, I don't think our rotation is actually bad.  I would like another SP, but as it stands, I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to me.  But perhaps I am a bit of an optimist.

Again, looking at our rotation as it stands now:  Ohtani, Syndergaard, Sandoval, Suarez, Lorenzen, Barria.

If Lorenzen doesn't pan out as a starter, we have Canning, Detmers, Junk, etc as depth in AAA.

And I do expect we will add another starter, just not one of the big name FAs.  Maybe a less exciting option, or perhaps a trade, but enough such that we'll have pretty decent depth.

I would say that SS is perhaps something that needs to be addressed more urgently, as having one of Wade, Mayfield, or Rengifo doesn't sound that great.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

The good will earned by re-signing Iglesias will have lasted less than 24 hours, as this place will go nuts with all significant FA SPs off the board, lol.

That said, I don't think our rotation is actually bad.  I would like another SP, but as it stands, I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to me.  But perhaps I am a bit of an optimist.

It really isn't. In all honesty I think our middle-infield might be in worse shape than our starting pitching at this point. But the narrative has always been pitching so I understand the doom and gloom if we miss out on Stroman.

32 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Upton is DONE! He can't play defense which he was meh to begin with, His hitting depends on his lower half and that has been broken down for 3 years, he can't get on base and he can't run or steal bases. He will be a 5th outfielder/DH since he can't play defense so that negates the 4th OF'er position for him! 

We are getting a part time offensive hitter for an ABOVE AVERAGE MAJOR LEAGUE WAGE.

I would eat 25-26M of that 28M contract tomorrow and his No-Trade clause and Move him for anything! I would pull a FOWLER like the Cards did with us to the CUBS.... Upton for a PTBNL or cash (10 bucks)... I would even pay him to play somewhere else! Anywhere!

An aged Justin Upton DOES NOT force you into not adding a better defensive player or better hitter. That's just assinine to think that way! 

We already know he won't be re-signed, we know for a fact if he sucks he will be released come August.... So, let's just put out our "OLD YELLER" and move on!

If they can release Pujols in early May, they can certainly do the same for Upton if he’s still hitting poorly.

Just now, True Grich said:

Normally it could be a case where it's out there for leverage purposes, but I don't think it is considering that a deal needs to get done in like 5.5 hours. If Stroman's in serious talks with the Cubs, I imagine he's in Chicago ready to take a physical. Not like another team, outside of the White Sox I guess, could swoop in.

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

The rotation isn't good as is. I need at least another good mid-tier SP. Ideally, another good front-end SP.

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, realistically we're at the limit we all thought Arte would draw. 

he was gonna go up another $10M from 2020 levels before the Pederson/Stripling trade got nixed due to his impatience. So he should at least go to $190M, not $180M.