• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

I understand how important a pinky promise or honest negotiations would be to a guy like Cohen who as a paragon of virtue has been been charged with insider trading, investigated by the SEC which led to him not being able to manage money for a few years and was involved in the gamestop short squeeze. 

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I understand how important a pinky promise or honest negotiations would be to a guy like Cohen who as a paragon of virtue has been been charged with insider trading, investigated by the SEC which led to him not being able to manage money for a few years and was involved in the gamestop short squeeze. 

I knew you’d remember !

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I'm not a big Jon Gray fan. I think top pitchers will get more as each one comes off the board. Lot of competition and I feel Angels need 2 more.

Jon Gray is a hard thrower which is what the Angels typically go after. Also they don’t need two more starters. With Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Detmers, Canning, Naughton, and Junk… plus other minor league guys on their way up… they’ll be fine with one more add.

31 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

What a pathetic look. A grown ass man goes on Twitter and complains. No wonder why the Mets are a joke. 

Yup. Mets fans on Twitter don't understand why this is bad for the franchise. 

Cohen looks like a guy who doesn't understand how baseball works, is over emotional, and runs his mouth in public. Why would anyone want to work for him. 

I don't think Arte is a good owner, but even I am thinking to myself that I'm really glad I'm not a Mets fan.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Jon Gray is a hard thrower which is what the Angels typically go after. Also they don’t need two more starters. With Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Detmers, Canning, Naughton, and Junk… plus other minor league guys on their way up… they’ll be fine with one more add.

So which three starters do you want in a playoff series?  

Unfortunately I have lost interest in Canning in terms of believing he can be any significant part of a run at a championship any time soon.

He is young enough, and he hasn’t sucked ENOUGH for him to have no trade value.

So I personally would be happy if they used him in the trade market as a piece (with other pieces) to land a better pitcher, or to land a SS.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Unfortunately I have lost interest in Canning in terms of believing he can be any significant part of a run at a championship any time soon.

He is young enough, and he hasn’t sucked ENOUGH for him to have no trade value.

So I personally would be happy if they used him in the trade market as a piece (with other pieces) to land a better pitcher, or to land a SS.

Way too early to bail on Canning.  The Angels as an organization are also responsible for his short comings.  It’s pretty obvious that at an organizational level pitchers are not handled well.  Canning is a piece you definitely don’t want to give up on yet.  The Angels need to help him along.  They need to do a much better job developing pitchers.  If they can’t get that figured out it doesn’t matter how many guys they sign.  Snydergaard is going to need coaching or he’s not going to succeed either. 

56 minutes ago, Hubs said:

If it is one more starter I hope it's TOR.