• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to begin providing housing for all minor leaguers starting in 2022

mmc

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

It's a bit embarrassing that it took an outcry like this to happen, but I guess that's the way it goes with all of America's injustices. Why can't the right things be done before a stink is made?

Because old white people who benefit from the status quo will cover up problems and gaslight anyone who brings them up. We saw it in the original thread about minor leaguers expressing their concerns.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:03 AM, True Grich said:

and what do they do with the empty units in the off season?  Who is going to lease an apartment for just a few months?  They'd also have to hire people to manage and maintain those buildings, etc.  I think it's easier to just find places for the players to stay in for six months.

Buy an old Motel. Make it livable for the players, then rent out the rooms to the public in the offseason.That would cover the teams monthly expenses, and the real Estate value will increase over time to make the investment worthwhile.

45 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Buy an old Motel. Make it livable for the players, then rent out the rooms to the public in the offseason.That would cover the teams monthly expenses, and the real Estate value will increase over time to make the investment worthwhile.

Only problem I could see with this is that most mlb teams play in nowhere areas..... so Im not sure youd be able to rent it out in the offseason. 

I think it would be cheaper to do it vice versa, and just rent the apartments for the players

On 10/18/2021 at 1:33 PM, True Grich said:

You're also assuming there are actually apartment buildings to buy in each of these locations...

On 10/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, Tank said:

i absolutely am.

You've never been to San Bernardino, have you?

On 10/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, Torridd said:

It's a bit embarrassing that it took an outcry like this to happen, but I guess that's the way it goes with all of America's injustices. Why can't the right things be done before a stink is made?

Just imagine how great a country has to be for people to be in an “outcry” that the lack of free housing for professional baseball players is an “injustice.”

13 hours ago, Tank said:

not since 1973.

it's still the same, right? lots of orchards and farmers and what not.

And a pretty phenomenal Santas Village!

(Has anyone ever been there? I wanted to go so bad when I was a kid. Always saw the commercials during summer break... which was weird, because it was summer)

30 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And a pretty phenomenal Santas Village!

(Has anyone ever been there? I wanted to go so bad when I was a kid. Always saw the commercials during summer break... which was weird, because it was summer)

we went there once and had a blast in the snow. then we discovered my mom had locked the keys in the car, so we had to wait for a gas station attendant to come and open up the doors. it made an impression.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

none needed. i have men's chorus practice and then get to go to my favorite mexican restaurant for dinner.

The Hot Stove hasn't started yet and you're already hitting up Del Taco?