• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to begin providing housing for all minor leaguers starting in 2022

mmc

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Now this is something to be worried about. Players complaining about their free housing isn't.

It’s all sort of together tho.  Anyway like I said.  Just based on the article.  I’m not sure that two 20 year old guys sharing a bedroom with two beds is a problem at all.  They say that they’re making other accommodations for married guys.  I think it’s good that there are notable improvements.  Aside from that, it’s not great to be regarded as “among the worst”

hopefully that’s not the case. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s all sort of together tho.  Anyway like I said.  Just based on the article.  I’m not sure that two 20 year old guys sharing a bedroom with two beds is a problem at all.  They say that they’re making other accommodations for married guys.  I think it’s good that there are notable improvements.  Aside from that, it’s not great to be regarded as “among the worst”

hopefully that’s not the case. 

Yeah, I don't see you as someone who is complaining. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Perry says he’s working on it, I think it’s a fine to take him at his word.  Of course it’s Sam Blums job to do what he’s doing.  I think it would also be fine if he was a little less transparently contemptuous of the team tho. 

Thank you for being an adult.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Oh FFS, they're getting a free place to live. These players need to grow up. 

You know I strongly disagreed with you when the teams were not providing anything at all, but at this level it's hard to feel too bad for the players. 6 guys in a 3 bedroom apartment isn't a big deal. I'd like to see the team do more, but this is hardly something to be outraged over.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Now this is something to be worried about. Players complaining about their free housing isn't.

This is a chicken / egg question but you gotta wonder if our minor league players complaining about their living situation isn't connected to their inability to catch and throw a ball correctly when they are called up...

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is a chicken / egg question but you gotta wonder if our minor league players complaining about their living situation isn't connected to their inability to catch and throw a ball correctly when they are called up...

It isn't. It just means they aren't very good at baseball.

Just now, Lou said:

It isn't. It just means they aren't very good at baseball.

Are the Angels just drafting worse players than everyone else, or is it the organizations inability to turn these guys into legit baseball players the issue?

I used to assume it was the former, but I'm coming around to the other position now. Why does Jo Adell look like he's never played a game in left field his entire life? Why does our team defense rate at the bottom of the league? Why is our organizational depth such trash? We hear about the small scouting staff, and we hear players complaining about housing and a lack of decent food and it makes me wonder. 

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Are the Angels just drafting worse players than everyone else, or is it the organizations inability to turn these guys into legit baseball players the issue?

I have to think it's both. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

If it was the food and housing situation then we can expect all of these players to improve dramatically. 

Right?

Possibly.

And that possibility is worth the effort.

They were also complaining about the baseball facilities, I believe. That definitely needs to be taken care of yesterday.

My view is the organization is trying to create world class athletes. The bare minimum is housing and proper nutrition along with all of the best training facilities they can provide.

Even if they put these guys in barracks like the military it would be sufficient to check mark housing. Nutrition would require a mess hall which I still think is better than leaving these guys to hitting fast food joints for empty calories. 

The housing of two per room easily checks off housing and none of these guys should complain. Just keep it clean for the next pair that replace you and move on. 

There have been some articles about poor conditions at military housing recently, and that I do care about.  Whining about twin beds and not being able to fap in privacy, in an otherwise decent apartment, is childish no matter that others have it slightly better.

Edited by Junkballer