• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 All Star Rosters announced

mmc

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know but he still doesn't deserve it 

It's not like with the weak selection of Betts in Trout's case. Trout's done more than a lot of players who made the All-Star team in a less time this season. Plus, it helps when Trout is popular. He's like that kid in middle school where he is popular with everyone, including the girls, with his great performance and attitude. Jordan made the All-Star team in his second season in the NBA despite missing over half the season because of his name (and performance in his rookie season). Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill both made the All-Star team despite missing half the season at one point. People want to see the big-name stars play.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

It's not like with the weak selection of Betts in Trout's case. Trout's done more than a lot of players who made the All-Star team in a less time this season. Plus, it helps when Trout is popular. He's like that kid in middle school where he is popular with everyone, including the girls, with his great performance and attitude. Jordan made the All-Star team in his second season in the NBA despite missing over half the season because of his name (and performance in his rookie season). Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill both made the All-Star team despite missing half the season at one point. People want to see the big-name stars play.

I understand that this is a popularity contest but It's kind of annoying to see guys make it when they shouldn't. Whatever, Trout still gets to put it on his resume. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I understand that this is a popularity contest but It's kind of annoying to see guys make it when they shouldn't. Whatever, Trout still gets to put it on his resume. 

It's not like Trout was having a below-average season before going on the DL.

Just now, Taylor said:

It's not like Trout was having a below-average season before going on the DL.

I think he was going to have a monster season before he was hurt. I'm not discounting how he started his season but maybe a player should have a minimum number of ABs to be eligible for All Star selection?

Just now, Jason said:

I think he was going to have a monster season before he was hurt. I'm not discounting how he started his season but maybe a player should have a minimum number of ABs to be eligible for All Star selection?

That would be logical, but I'm pretty sure voting started before Trout went on the DL. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don't know why but it seems like he's been on the IL for a really long time. 

As people on here have pointed out, he's been injury prone since 2017, which I hate just by knowing that. He was on the DL/IL in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021. And that's not counting 2020m where he lost over 100 games because of the coronavirus epidemic. He's lost like 50 career home runs since 2017 because of injuries and coronavirus. In a perfect world, he would have like less than 50 home runs to go for 400 career home runs. He probably won't get the all-time home run record once he hangs up his cleats but he would have a better chance if the league decides to juice the baseballs again like they did in the steroids era (1993-2009) to make many guys look like Trout at the plate with their inflated numbers. At least he can do no worse than being tied for having the most legitimate MVP awards (3) next to his name. A-Rod doesn't make the list because he admitted that he juiced with the Rangers, so that makes it one fewer legitimate MVP next to his name since he won one in 2003, his last season with the Rangers. Bonds only has three legit MVPs next to his name, which are the first three that he won. The last four, asterisk right next to all of them. 

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Trout isn't playing.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

So if Trout was healthy you don’t think he would belong on the All Star team?

Trout got voted in so it's a non issue but if the timeline were reversed i.e. he started the season on the IL and the did what he's done through current, he'd be an all-star.  

Chapman being in is a joke.  If he got voted in then I'd turn my head to it.  Him getting selected as a reserve is utterly stupid.  

Bauer didn't even make the All-Star squad for the NL. Cheater (Bauer) didn't cheat enough. Just put the asterisk right next to his season, same with Glasnow for cheating. Do pitchers really need to cheat with the sticky substance because the league stopped juicing the baseballs before the season. How many more advantages do they need? This is a lot like the steroids era (1993-2009) with hitters using steroids and the league were juicing the baseballs to put fans in the seats to make money.