• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vlad senior and pointing to sky

So give me input overall...

Keep in mind it will be short and I need to promote an art piece which will require some of time.

Some broad topics I'm thinking...

How much did childhood poverty environment actually help him as a player? Are younger players today in wealth missing out with too much comfort? How did his childhood baseball experience contrast with Vlad Jr?

How bad was Expos turf? Did it damage your body long term? 

Share your Free Agent experience when the narrative was teams were concerned about your back being hurt. Did you consider a 1 year deal/strategy to prove your health? Why Angels? 

Did any coaches in US attempt to change his "nose to toes" approach in hitting? 

Was there frustration or hurt when Angels moved on from you for Matsui, not a prospect, but another veteran? 

Does he hang with other dads on the Blue Jays? 

37 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Erstad Grit, be sure to ask when the next Vladdy Jr. will be available for the international draft.

Well ... there is the story that we never had a chance to sign Jr even if we hadn't stepped on our junk with the Baldoquin signing, that Toronto had him locked up ...

I'd ask him about that.  

3 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Well ... there is the story that we never had a chance to sign Jr even if we hadn't stepped on our junk with the Baldoquin signing, that Toronto had him locked up ...

I'd ask him about that.  

This is not necessary to bring up.

Olympic Stadium turf was pretty bad ( stadium opened in 1976). It was changed a number of times by the time Vlad arrived, but was always really harsh. I walked on it a few times and was surprised at how hard everything felt underneath. It pretty much wrecked Andre Dawson's knees, and probably limited his full potential. 

5 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Olympic Stadium turf was pretty bad ( stadium opened in 1976). It was changed a number of times by the time Vlad arrived, but was always really harsh. I walked on it a few times and was surprised at how hard everything felt underneath. It pretty much wrecked Andre Dawson's knees, and probably limited his full potential. 

We did dawson about a month ago and he seemed bitter still about the damage that turf did to him.  He said it was like concrete.