• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's 6/14/21: Bundy on the mound

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He's a #3 at the very best.

I'd try to get some prospects for him and Bundy at the deadline.

We cannot have these two at the top of the rotation next year, or we'll be stuck in 4th place again.

Bundy won’t be back and Heaney is a #3 as you say.  So if retaining him doesn’t prevent us from upgrading at the top of the rotation they should bring him back. 

53 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If Rendon misses time again and we have to endure his 8-10 days of sucking before his timing at the plate is sync'd up.... ugh! 

I was high on getting Rendon considering what he did in 2019 for the Nationals, but now he appears to be more of a porcelain doll who keeps getting broken. Glue the pieces back together, and as you said, endure a week or two of suckage before he contributes again. 

And we're stuck with him for years now.

This season might have been over when Trout went down for TWO MONTHS. How long will he take to get his timing back? Will he play ever so carefully when he does return? Will it be September before his hitting stroke returns? Will the team be 12 games out or more? 

Sellers. That's what we are. Get as many good prospects as possible and build a better team.

We are 13-6 in our last 19 games.  We’ve gone 2-3 against Oakland 1-1 against SF, we swept KC who had a winning record to start that series.  We went 2-2 against Seattle who had a winning record when we met them.  And we swept Texas and AZ who are bad teams.  Just a little perspective for everyone doing what we do when we lose a game. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We are 13-6 in our last 19 games.  We’ve gone 2-3 against Oakland 1-1 against SF, we swept KC who had a winning record to start that series.  We went 2-2 against Seattle who had a winning record when we met them.  And we swept Texas and AZ who are bad teams.  Just a little perspective for everyone doing what we do when we lose a game. 

14-6 in past 20

I’m fine right now, other than the women’s shoes salesperson and his 6.98 ERA.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

So who all is going to pitch next year.  I think we’ve decided that Bundy, Quintana, and now you’re saying Heaney are out.  Does it seem realistic that the Angels are going to put together a better staff with that much turn over ? Let’s presume that Suarez and Sandoval and Crod are in.  We need more than 5 or even 6 pitchers.  I’d stay that those 3 are what you could consider “high risk”.  Considering that, Imo they almost have to keep Heaney.  Who, although not an ace or even a 2 really.  Is decent.  I’d give him up to 3 years 36 million.  Which would be fine.  And think they can probably get it done for less.  A lot of guys in recent years have really hit their strides as pitchers just a bit older than Heaney.  I think he’s a candidate to be one of those types as well. 

Honestly, you are thinking way more in the future than I.  My no is more of a reaction to the roller coaster ride I experience when Heaney pitches.  Your make a really good argument and I agree with you about signing Heaney based on the Angel's need for pitchers and his known qualities.  I guess I will take some Dramamine when Heaney pitches.

Ohtani, Sandoval, Canning (maybe), Heaney (a solid #4?), Suarez, and will Detmers (46 SO in 29 innings at AA) be ready? This is assuming we fail to pick up any other ML starters via trades or free agency. 

Get rid of Bundy, Cobb, and Quintana. 

Now for the bullpen, I have no idea how to fix it. Other more informed people can chime in with advice.

39 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Ohtani, Sandoval, Canning (maybe), Heaney (a solid #4?), Suarez, and will Detmers (46 SO in 29 innings at AA) be ready? This is assuming we fail to pick up any other ML starters via trades or free agency. 

Get rid of Bundy, Cobb, and Quintana. 

Now for the bullpen, I have no idea how to fix it. Other more informed people can chime in with advice.

Heaney went from a #3 to a #4 in your opinion in an hour?  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Here are Heaney’s starts this year.  He has performed like a solid #3 this year.  He has been really good or good in 7 of 11 starts.  To me that is a #3.  If he was consistently the best version of himself he would be a #2.  

24607DA7-97B7-4891-BD1B-5504DC047551.jpeg

I'd say he's been good/really good in 6 of 11, not 7 (8 baserunners and 3 runs in 5 2/3 isn't "good" to me), but I get your point.  I still think of him as more of a #4 simply because of the inconsistency, but I can see your argument.

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

So who all is going to pitch next year.  I think we’ve decided that Bundy, Quintana, and now you’re saying Heaney are out.  Does it seem realistic that the Angels are going to put together a better staff with that much turn over ? Let’s presume that Suarez and Sandoval and Crod are in.  We need more than 5 or even 6 pitchers.  I’d stay that those 3 are what you could consider “high risk”.  Considering that, Imo they almost have to keep Heaney.  Who, although not an ace or even a 2 really.  Is decent.  I’d give him up to 3 years 36 million.  Which would be fine.  And think they can probably get it done for less.  A lot of guys in recent years have really hit their strides as pitchers just a bit older than Heaney.  I think he’s a candidate to be one of those types as well. 

Heany ERA+ is below average.  Not a 3 or 2.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Here are Heaney’s starts this year.  He has performed like a solid #3 this year.  He has been really good or good in 7 of 11 starts.  To me that is a #3.  If he was consistently the best version of himself he would be a #2.  

24607DA7-97B7-4891-BD1B-5504DC047551.jpeg

4.37 ERA is a 3?

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Heany ERA+ is below average.  Not a 3 or 2.  

If you want to go back 5 years sure.  But the last four years 2018-2021 he’s at a 101 ERA+.  This year he’s at 104.  It would be like me telling you to stop loving Barria because of something from a few years ago.  

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Ok stop. You're back to using dumb counting stats.

What's his ERA+ this year?  Baseball reference doesn't list it on year to year basis.

His ERA+ for his career I believe is 97.  Is that a 3?  I was told 100 would be at best a 4.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you want to go back 5 years sure.  But the last four years 2018-2021 he’s at a 101 ERA+.  This year he’s at 104.  It would be like me telling you to stop loving Barria because of something from a few years ago.  

You would say 104 ERA+ is pitching like a 3?

BTW recently I have been comparing Barria career stats v others career stats.  That includes the year he pitch like "dogshit "