• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's 6/14/21: Bundy on the mound

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Getting tough for me to maintain my position that Bundy should get extended.  I’m still solidly behind the HeanDawg. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm still concerned that a Heaney extension might come back to bite the Angels.  He's already making $6.75M this season.  He's pitched well at times this year, but he still has stretches where he's just flat-out bad. Unless it's something minor like 2/$20, I wouldn't bother with it.

EDIT: Some of Heaney's most similar comps to this point in his career: Kendall Graveman (making $1.25M this year), Tyler Anderson (making just over $2M), Mark Redman, Tyler Skaggs (ugh), Tony Freitas, Trevor Williams (making $2.5M this season), etc.  So Heaney is already at the very top of the salary list among pitchers who've had similar careers historically. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Combing Bundy's and Quintana loses this season we are at 10 lose. 

Something tells me if Barria was starting in spot of one of these guys, we'd have a better record.

Speaking of Quintana...haven't heard much about his "injury."  His last start was May 30, so we're well past the 10-day mark at this point.  (I'm in no way advocating for bringing him back soon, btw...Just pointing out that it's been a while.)

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Speaking of Quintana...haven't heard much about his "injury."  His last start was May 30, so we're well past the 10-day mark at this point.  (I'm in no way advocating for bringing him back soon, btw...Just pointing out that it's been a while.)

Dont worry, they will put Bundy on the IL soon and bring back Quintana.

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm still concerned that a Heaney extension might come back to bite the Angels.  He's already making $6.75M this season.  He's pitched well at times this year, but he still has stretches where he's just flat-out bad. Unless it's something minor like 2/$20, I wouldn't bother with it.

EDIT: Some of Heaney's most similar comps to this point in his career: Kendall Graveman (making $1.25M this year), Tyler Anderson (making just over $2M), Mark Redman, Tyler Skaggs (ugh), Tony Freitas, Trevor Williams (making $2.5M this season), etc.  So Heaney is already at the very top of the salary list among pitchers who've had similar careers historically. 

Ya I mean, he shouldn’t get much of a raise.  That said.  We have to have pitchers next year.  If you get Heaney on a reasonable deal.  That works.  

3 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

DB almost had a quality start last time. I took a flier on him in my CBS league and he spoiled the mattress. so to speak. Now I may be stuck with him for his second start of the week against Detroit. Oh well.

In my country, DB stands for “dumb bitch” or “douche bag”

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya I mean, he shouldn’t get much of a raise.  That said.  We have to have pitchers next year.  If you get Heaney on a reasonable deal.  That works.  

And just to be clear, 2/$20M is my absolute top-of-the-range-type of deal.  Even that would lead to some unease on my part.  He's probably more like 2/$15M--but of course he wouldn't do that. He just doesn't have the track record to justify any sort of even pretty good salary.