• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No fire on this team, who can light it up?

More of a b-ball fan but hate watching Halos lose more than the purple n gold lose. I had to reminisce yesterday with a couple of 2002 clips--watching that mean trio of Krod, Donnelly, and Percy. Eck and Kennedy's grit and guys like Ersty and Lackey bringing the intensity. Hell, even roided Fullmer brought some edge. Where are these types of dawgs on this team... T. Hunter may have been the last. Maybe the closest thing is Sandoval, but he prolly needs to earn his stripes a bit more before having some presence. Everyone else, just kinda easygoing, going through the motions. If we're gonna add talent, I wanna see them go after a couple of pitbulls who are gonna stir the pot more, put guys on notice. Haven't been following the majors enough lately, who's out there? A Jose Baez, Arozarena? Scherzer would be a pie in the sky? 

You don't have to break the cooler or bat every night, but with this mostly meek bunch, if we're not adding the right kind of personality and talent, I fear we're gonna keep seeing the same ol' same ol'...

The team doesn't need a fire - it needs a new owner .  An owner who realizes pitching wins games even when your team struggles at the plate .  You must over spend on the top pitching free agents - make them offers they can't refuse and with a few solid starters who can give you 6-7 innings per start things would change . The culture would change to a more winning nature and you would not have to over spend anymore as the team became more successful .

Moreno clearly is a dinosaur who doesn't feel paying a player who only performs 35 games a year is worth 25 -35 million a year .. Position players he will pay top dollar for but not pitchers .  So Trout has ZERO chance making a play-off before he hits early 30's .

Of the starting staff -how many are under contract after this year ??? Is it 2 or 3 ? The reason is lack of belief in the clowns the Angels roll out there each start .  Until you develop pitching or buy it -the Angels will be a joke . Getting regularly beat by teams with half the payroll .... Ridiculous !!

These are questions for Minasian and Moreno. Have Gubbie, Suton or Matt V  interview Minasian and ask some hard questions. Have halo writers start asking questions about future of Angels. This whole organization does not have any fire. Where is GM and owner hiding, Angel fans want answers. What direction is this team going to take. Minasian we are not on the CUSP of winning.

3 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I asked for your solution in some detail yesterday @Angels 1961. Still waiting to hear your master plan.

Here is his list of solutions, you decide which ones are good and which ones are bad.  

Sign Petit

Sign Odorizzi

Sign Yates

Sign Rosenthal

Trade Trout

Draft a catcher 

Have the media ask better questions

Reset

Reset

Reset

Reset

Just now, WicketMaiden said:

I quite like the media questions one. Umm, yup, that's all I've got. 

Because we know that deep down the reason we aren’t performing on the field is based on the questions asked by guys like Fletcher.

There is no real solution that doesn’t take some time.  Our only real hope is for Detmers and Rodriguez to be the real deal and contribute rather quickly.  We also need Adell, Adams and Marsh to be really good.  We need that next wave that includes Jackson and Paris to be good.  We need Koch to develop, but he and Paris and Jackson are 3-4 years away.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because we know that deep down the reason we aren’t performing on the field is based on the questions asked by guys like Fletcher.

Well yes, isn't that obvious? Improved player performance comes from aggressive media questioning - it's a thing, it really is. 

Just like the magical 'trade Trout to restock the farm' button that sits, dusty and neglected, on Arte's yacht. If only Arte would press it all of our troubles would be over and a winning Angels franchise would rise like a phoenix from the ashes of 2021 and fly all the way to multiple World Series wins.

Simple. Ask better questions, trade Trout. Job done. Next.

4 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I asked for your solution in some detail yesterday @Angels 1961. Still waiting to hear your master plan.

It's been out there, hit reset button. Keep Ohtani, Walsh, Fletcher, Sandoval, Canning, Barria, Ward, Adell, Marsh,Detmers among others. Upton will be DFA at some point. If you can get anything for him great to unload any portion of his contract. Rendon contract will be very hard to move but again if you can I would. I'd sit down with Mike Trout and say we are in a rebuild mode and see where his head is at. He has a no trade contract but maybe he would give you a list of teams he would go to. These are drastic measures but halos in 6th losing season and next year will have to find 4 to 5 starters and 6 to 8 in bullpen.Halos will need RF, LF, SS and Catcher to fill. Tampa and Oakland year after year with low budgets and Angels with a high budget lose. This team 6 seasons of under 500. Is this a master plan do not know but this is what I'd do. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

There is no real solution that doesn’t take some time.  Our only real hope is for Detmers and Rodriguez to be the real deal and contribute rather quickly.  We also need Adell, Adams and Marsh to be really good.  We need that next wave that includes Jackson and Paris to be good.  We need Koch to develop, but he and Paris and Jackson are 3-4 years away.  

Detmers and Chris Rod is your only hope? So your solution is wait and hope young players develop which will take time. Maybe 3 to 4 years. Trout will 34,will he want to wait that long?

12 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Detmers and Chris Rod is your only hope? So your solution is wait and hope young players develop which will take time. Maybe 3 to 4 years. Trout will 34,will he want to wait that long?

I have no idea what Trout will want.  We have had 10 years of people telling us Trout was going to leave the first chance he gets.  Now we have people who think he is going to ask for a trade.  The failure in thinking you can just trade him is you will undoubtedly be worse, much worse, when the trade is consummated.  You aren’t trading a guy owed $350 million and getting back actual talent.  So then why trade him?  To save $35 million a year?  Who gives a flying fuck if Arte has to spend $35 million, I certainly don’t.  If you offered Trout to the Dodgers they aren’t simply giving you Urias and Bellinger.  You’d get something like Bellinger and Price and possibly a guy like Will Smith, because the Dodgers will want to shed some money. They may even ask you to take on AJ Pollack.   I’m not making that trade.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea what Trout will want.  We have had 10 years of people telling us Trout was going to leave the first chance he gets.  Now we have people who think he is going to ask for a trade.  The failure in thinking you can just trade him is you will undoubtedly be worse, much worse, when the trade is consummated.  You aren’t trading a guy owed $350 million and getting back actual talent.  So then why trade him?  To save $35 million a year?  Who gives a flying fuck if Arte has to spend $35 million, I certainly don’t.  If you offered Trout to the Dodgers they aren’t simply giving you Urias and Bellinger.  You’d get something like Bellinger and Price and possibly a guy like Will Smith, because the Dodgers will want to shed some money. They may even ask you to take on AJ Pollack.   I’m not making that trade.  

I do not know what Trout would be thinking but on halo current path it's not going to playoffs. I have zero idea what you would get for him. I would leave it as an option again asking Trout what he is thinking. I would take Urias ,Smith and Price.

The second half of 2021 will really be a lot of fun and show some of the fire we are seeking. 

In August, I expect you'll see Trout back in CF, Adell in LF and Marsh in RF. We'll see Matt Thaiss behind the plate where his bat actually plays, and Luis Rengifo up playing either SS or 2B. I also expect to see Reid Detmers in the rotation and a slough of minor league relievers getting an audition for a team with no hope at making the playoffs. 

Furthermore, the trade deadline should be interesting. You have to think the Angels will be dangling Bundy, Heaney, Quintana, Cobb, Iglesias, Suzuki, Claudio, Upton and really anyone else not part of the rebuild Minasian will be in charge of overseeing. 

We might see a few interesting prospects head the Angels way after the trade deadline. And the draft, Angels have an early pick this year and probably and even higher one next year. 

Those that like prospects should enjoy July onward.

10 hours ago, MPohleece said:

More of a b-ball fan but hate watching Halos lose more than the purple n gold lose. I had to reminisce yesterday with a couple of 2002 clips--watching that mean trio of Krod, Donnelly, and Percy. Eck and Kennedy's grit and guys like Ersty and Lackey bringing the intensity. Hell, even roided Fullmer brought some edge. Where are these types of dawgs on this team... T. Hunter may have been the last. Maybe the closest thing is Sandoval, but he prolly needs to earn his stripes a bit more before having some presence. Everyone else, just kinda easygoing, going through the motions. If we're gonna add talent, I wanna see them go after a couple of pitbulls who are gonna stir the pot more, put guys on notice. Haven't been following the majors enough lately, who's out there? A Jose Baez, Arozarena? Scherzer would be a pie in the sky? 

You don't have to break the cooler or bat every night, but with this mostly meek bunch, if we're not adding the right kind of personality and talent, I fear we're gonna keep seeing the same ol' same ol'...

54BD6029-957F-4D8B-A426-26D8B9A3911D.jpeg