• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

19 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Pujols sucks. Watching the guy with the Angels was like watching Kobe during his last few seasons with the Lakers. Kobe basically torpedoed his career shooting percentage and win shares per 48 minutes. The Same can be said about Pujols and his batting average and OBP. Big difference was that Kobe helped the Lakers win 5 titles, two as the first option with Gasol being the second option. Pujols didn't win anything for the Angels. No World Series and performed terribly. Good riddance. He shouldn't be welcomed back to Anaheim if he steps his foot back in the city. 

If you're "Just A Trout Fan," shouldn't you be gone now? 

38 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep, just go to anyone's profile and click on "Follow Member" and you can either have a tab open following his activity stream or create an Activity Stream for members who you want to follow. 

Here's how...

Step one, click on a member's name and head to their profile. Then click on Follow member. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.48.47 PM.png

Step two, go to More at the top and click on Content I follow...

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.57.47 PM.png

Now you can follow your favorite members, types of content etc. You can customize your Activity Stream however you like. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.52.51 PM.png

Here's more on creating your own custom activity stream here. I know a handful of longtime members who only use this view on the forum. https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/content-discovery/activity-streams-r69/

Will he know if I'm following him?  I'm so nervous.  Don't say anything to him but can you find out if he likes me first?  But do it casually.  Like tell him that I thought his hawaii 88 cutoff shirt is cool and that I have the same one.  But don't tell @cals.  He's being like super weird lately.  

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

My buddy says every time they cut to the dugout and Albert is talking to a young guy, Hershiser and Davis keep saying "he's imparting wisdom to the young guys."  Every. Single. Time.  He's a little fed up with it.

the PR machine for the dodgers has been pretty darn impressive. imagine the task of trying to sell him to the fanbase right now. but the boys in the booth have been up to the task so far. i've even seen a few pujols dodger jerseys in the crowd so far.

So is Albert still getting paid the 10 million for the 10 year personal service contract or whatever it’s called after he retires where he is like a goodwill ambassador for the Angels? If so that may be awkward. Or did the halos eat that money too since he was released?

6 hours ago, yamsi12 said:

So is Albert still getting paid the 10 million for the 10 year personal service contract or whatever it’s called after he retires where he is like a goodwill ambassador for the Angels? If so that may be awkward. Or did the halos eat that money too since he was released?

As far as I am concerned,  paying Pujols to stay away from the Angels is a solid investment. 

8 hours ago, yamsi12 said:

They'll probably just continue paying, like it was deferred money, and we won't see him around at all. 
Much like his first contract he'll get paid for just about nothing. 

37 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Dodgers announcers acted like they were watching UFOs land.

Who knew you could throw out the slowest, oldest player in the bigs, even standing in left field?

Ahmed could have made a ham sandwich after catching the ball and still threw him out

The announcer's reaction was the best part. One of them said: "Albert Pujols is completely healthy..... other than his legs."

I'm happy to hear he doesn't have tuberculosis.