• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

44 minutes ago, cals said:

There will be a lot of people here caring but swearing they don’t care.  This situation has become so ex-girlfriendy it’s creepy.

15 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

pretty much your entire perception of how people think is based on some previous relationship.  

who hurt you?  

he's not wrong though.

40 minutes ago, cals said:

I did have a Latina girlfriend for 7 years.  But I was the dumper, not the dumpee.  Actually I’m kind of a puss and just ghosted her.

ghosting a gf of 7 years is probably the most interest inspiring post i've ever read here. if we were sitting at a bar and a stranger mentioned that; i'd be like, go on.

Honestly, when Albert was released I was shocked and my first and only thought was, “well that is interesting”.  I don’t hate Albert, but I do think once his defense became a problem (that was this year for me) and he was no longer equal to his replacement, I was ok with him being released.  What he does from here on out doesn’t really matter to me.  I can’t imagine him improving.  I can’t imagine him playing enough to get to 700.  I wish him well. 

23 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

No, he really isn't. All stats below are against LHP only:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:15
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:04

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Pujols

2018 - .200 BA .674 OPS

2019 - .261 BA .830 OPS

2020 - .231 BA .627 OPS

Muncy

2018 - .255 BA .891 OPS

2019 - .268 BA .893 OPS

2020 - .239 BA .795 OPS

Walsh 

2020 - .324 BA .776 OPS

Small sample size (32 at bats) but Pujols has a higher BA than Walsh this year but trails Muncy's OBP by 140 points.

Batting Average? 2018?  Really?

I based it on OPS vs LHP’s for this year. Look them up. Pujols is a better option than Muncie and Walsh. 

Andrew Friedman made a solid move. 

14 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Batting Average? 2018?  Really?

I based it on OPS vs LHP’s for this year. Look them up. Pujols is a better option than Muncie and Walsh. 

Andrew Friedman made a solid move. 

So you're ignoring the last few year's performance, you're ignoring Muncie having an OBP 140 points higher, and you're basing your assessment of Pujols' prowess against lefties entirely on the quality of Pujols' 10 hits in 36 at-bats against lefties this season.

Ok. 

12 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

So you're ignoring the last few year's performance, you're ignoring Muncie having an OBP 140 points higher, and you're basing your assessment of Pujols' prowess against lefties entirely on the quality of Pujols' 10 hits in 36 at-bats against lefties this season.

Ok. 

Yes. 
Andrew Friedman did also. 

And. 
As I mentioned, maybe Minasian decided Gosselin is a better option at 1B vs. LHP’s than either Pujols or Walsh. He probably is. I think we may see Gosselin get more starts at 1B against Lefty’s. 

37 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Yes. 
Andrew Friedman did also. 

And. 
As I mentioned, maybe Minasian decided Gosselin is a better option at 1B vs. LHP’s than either Pujols or Walsh. He probably is. I think we may see Gosselin get more starts at 1B against Lefty’s. 

If you think Friedman based his assessment of Pujols on this year's stats you're a bigger fool than you sound.