• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mt. Rushmore Good & Bad of Angels Free Agent Signings

47 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

His health is.   The stats are there.

He was good for half of a short 2020 season and his stats have not been there in his brief 2021 appearances. That’s what I mean by trending the wrong way but like I said, too early to make any judgment on him. When all is said and done I think it will be an OK signing. Not great but not terrible either 

Edited by Toby Flenderson

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Is it true that when Tank started teaching school in Glendale, more families in that community opted to home school their kids?

only for the ones that didn't want to get some good learnin'.

Torii and Vlad should both be up there. Vlad's best years were with the Expos but he did win the MVP with the Angels. Great signings with Torii and Vlad when they were very productive for about their whole contracts. Colon was only good with the Angels for one season, which was his Cy Young season in 2005. Whether or not he should have won that Cy Young is another debate. He shouldn't but still was very good that season. 

My memory for anything pre-2000 is shaky. I was just a kid in the early 90's and didn't follow the team super closely. Since then, the ones I remember as good were Torii and Vlad. Ohtani is a little early to tell, but I'd add him to the list of the ones I remember. 

Worst were Pujols and Hamilton by a long shot. GM Jr. should be there also. Finding another that compares is difficult.

CJ was not a terrible contract, he just wasn't a great one. He was a good bit worse than his last two years with the Rangers, so he was disappointing, but he only had one legitimately bad year. Was he worth his contract? Debatable. Probably not quite. He was being paid to be a 3 win player, if I remember win/$ from then correctly, and he never quite was there. He did manage a sub 4.00 ERA 3/4 years with us. People didn't like him personally, but he wasn't a disaster of a contract.

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

GOOD MT. RUSHMORE: Vladimir Guerrero, Bobby Grich, Don Baylor, Shohei Ohtani

BAD MT. RUSHMORE: Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, Mo Vaughn, Gary Matthews Jr.  

does nobody remember CJ Wilson?