• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I wonder how Getzlaf feels signing for only 100K more than a Ritchie. I guess it only stings if you think about it.

I really thought the floor would have been more. Something like 2M+. I guess he wanted to stay more than they wanted him back.

I also wonder if Bob sold him on not having earned his pay last year and if he has a good year will give him a decent contract next year.

I think the guy should have left for a year and played to win. But then again, I don't think winning is a high priority with Ryan. Probably why he never pushed himself to be a better goal scorer. Ryan's got to be Ryan.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be a $2 or $3 million contract.  Just because the Ducks have plenty of room, and that would be more of a thank you.  

Then again, $1 million.  At the trade deadline, if he had the itch, he can pretty much chose what team to go to.  I'm sure no playoff team, even a stacked team like the Lightning would say no.  Getzlaf, even though he's lost a step, is still an elite playmaker, and a puck protector on the boards.  Jones needs to go to school and learn from Getzlaf.  Maybe I'm a homer, but he's one of the best at using his body to block people from the puck.  

I don't know what happened to my post.

Yeah, Getzlaf @ 4.5M ,not 1M. I wouldn't have signed him. He mailed it in last season or he's only worth 2M now. Either way, let a team that can use him have him.

Oh well, I hope the coach that runs the power play has the power to keep him off it. I don't want to watch another season of him freezing the puck and then after the defense resets going 'I got nothing' and passing it off to the guy next to him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, arch stanton said:

Pateryn is just bad

Lol. In a recent article Eric Stephens had in the Athletic the usual roast of BM was going on. Eric made a comment along the lines of other than signing Getzlaf(which didn't get such rave reviews), the only signing of significance was Pateryn.

The tank is definitely on.

Ducks re-sign Max Comtois, Max Jones, Josh Mahura

. Eric Stephens of The Athletic reports that Max Comtois signed a two-year deal for a total of $4.075M, Max Jones signed a three-year pact for a total of $3.885M and Josh Mahura signed a two-year deal worth $1.5MM total. Mahura’s contract will be two-way in 2021-22.

21 of 23 roster.  45 of 50 standard contracts.  $14 million under the cap.  Not including Keslers $6.875 million in dead money.  Currently, 6th lowest payroll in the NHL.  

Eventually, BM has to shit and trade for Eichel or get off the pot and trade for dead money and picks/prospects.

Stephens regularly (I would say once a week) does a question and answer post. Usually before it he asks for questions. Today was a what do you want to know day.

The most interesting question to me was how does BM answer for the fact that Tampa Bay just took a bad contract off Chicago's hands to free up some cap space and Bob wasn't able to deal a more suitable contract (Kesler's) instead. Seriously Bob, you've has been sitting on bad contracts for Perry, Kesler, and Eaves the last few years without being able to turn even one of them. With all the cap problems wealthy teams have been having, how can you not have flipped Kesler's contract by now?

I've had a hunch and I'm more convinced than ever that this is personal. I don't think a lot of other GMs want to deal with Bob unless they can fleece him. I think they just don't like the guy.

The Samueli's need to wake up. This is just one more example that there is a serious problem here.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

Stephens regularly (I would say once a week) does a question and answer post. Usually before it he asks for questions. Today was a what do you want to know day.

The most interesting question to me was how does BM answer for the fact that Tampa Bay just took a bad contract off Chicago's hands to free up some cap space and Bob wasn't able to deal a more suitable contract (Kesler's) instead. Seriously Bob, you've has been sitting on bad contracts for Perry, Kesler, and Eaves the last few years without being able to turn even one of them. With all the cap problems wealthy teams have been having, how can you not have flipped Kesler's contract by now?

I've had a hunch and I'm more convinced than ever that this is personal. I don't think a lot of other GMs want to deal with Bob unless they can fleece him. I think they just don't like the guy.

The Samueli's need to wake up. This is just one more example that there is a serious problem here.

Actually in the defense of Kesler's contract.  The cap hit is $6.875 million.  But because of insurance that they actually had on Kesler, the actual cash hit is only like $1ish million.  Now, this actually has a lot of value around the league.  Especially for those penny pinching.  But I think that also includes the Ducks on a rebuild.  So that's the reason I think he hasn't been dealt.  

Okay, I didn't know that. But...

Are the Ducks going to be low enough on payroll to use his cap hit? If not, why not save the 1M and get something from a team that would use it?

What about Perry and Eaves? No way to flip those in a cap environment to benefit the Ducks. It seems like Bob sits and does nothing when other teams make the best of a bad situation. He couldn't find a team that needed some cap space and had a slightly overpriced player we could use that would have worked in an Eaves trade? Come on, this is a guy who signed Shattenkirk. We obviously have room for filler.

Final offer for Eichel.

• Steel  (1st round, 30th), 23 YO, $874k, next year RFA
  • Tracey (1st round, 29th), 20 YO, $863k next 3 years
  • Conditional 2022 1st round pick (top 10 protected), else 2023 (no protection)
  • Kesler.  1 year remaining.  LTIR.  $6.8 million cap hit.  But only $1 or so out of pocket.  This is more for Buffalo to get above the cap floor.  Also might include Perry's $2 million cap hit, again, to get above cap floor.

I was thinking about still adding Silfverberg.  But went with the Kesler route, since $5 million saved is probably as important as a pick.  This would get it close to the 4 first rounders that Buffalo was looking for.  But I wouldn't include any of the top 9 prospects of the Ducks, with Tracey being #10.  If they want another, maybe Bandini (3rd round, 91st), 23 YO, $805k, next year RFA.

This would give the Ducks:

1. Eichel, Rakell, Silfverberg
  2. Z, Comtois, Terry
  3. Lundestrom, Jones, Volkov
  4. Getz, Henrique, Deslauriers/Grant

Although I think Henrique gets dealt probably to Vegas.  

I don't know of a scenario that would allow Eichel to play in the coming season.

But then, I would bet his career is probably over. I think he realizes that and that is why he wants to have the replacement surgery.

As far as Bob? I don't think he would ever do an Eichel trade. Bob sticks to stupid on a small scale. Without a resume of some big deals that worked out, he wouldn't risk a trade of that cost destroying what he sees as his reputation.

Not going to happen. The long rebuild is on.

The only real question is who we get in next years draft. And maybe, is Maddon GM next year with his new AHL coach coming to Anaheim. My bet is yes.

I'll go good and bad.  First bad.

Ducks look like a team still stuck in neutral

Then I'll go Good.  I like this dudes channel.  He doesn't talk out of his ass, and is knowledgeable about all teams, not just his favorites.  If he was on TV, he would dwarf all the analysts because he knows teams from top to bottom that well.  Although he still has trouble pronouncing Zegras' name.

10 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, he seems like a good guy.

You should see his channel, and follow him if you don't.  Guy is a wealth of information.  And covers all teams pretty equally.  So he won't just cover the big teams and names.  It works for the Ducks, since no one covers the Ducks.