• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I lived in a resort town for a number of years. I saw a lot of people come there to 'change there lives'. Some were successful; some weren't. 

The one's that failed were usually because when they moved to change their lives, they took their selves (the real problem) along.

The Ducks aren't going to be able to trade their problems away, because their problem isn't the players they have. It's the organization. Just look at all the players in the playoffs doing well with other teams.

To fix a problem, you have to realize what the real problem is and be willing to address it. The Ducks aren't there.

I disagree.  You saw it with the Zegras and Lundestrom lines.  I saw a lot of Knights movement from them.  Lot's of modern hockey.  I really think that's what Eakins is trying to do.  

Then when you got guys like Getzlaf, Silfverberg, Manson, and to a lesser point Henrique.  Lot's of positional hockey.  Standing around.  Looking for a pass, instead of creating a pass and shot.  No foot movement, or pressure up front.  We need to make trades for guys that do move around.  Because if we don't, we will continue to fail.  Because those that stand around will drag down the system.  

And saying that, of course, Murray will be incompetent and protect guys like Silverberg, Manson, and Lindholm.  Or make one of those stupid trades like pick Mahura and take some salary.  

I don't think we disagree that much. Trades and signings need to happen. Eakins...  the jury is still out (for me) with him.

My point was that there are some fundamental problems within the organization. Making trades or changes won't fix them. The trades, changes, player decisions, attitudes and on & on will not improve until the 'players' that run the organization are improved.

I'm not in the organization, so I don't have the ability to know from a first hand prospective what the problem is. But, it's pretty obvious to me at this point, that there is a problem.

I think Bob would be the most obvious first move. But, the Samuelis (2nd most obvious)are dragging their heals.

I don't think the Samueli's are the problem.  They stay out of the hockey side of things, cough Moreno and big splashes, and really give the hockey people run.  Maybe they need to get more involved, and that will only happen if their daughter starts taking over.  Which she might, she's been doing all the jobs at the Gulls to get experience.  

Bob though, I agree.  I think this expansion draft will really show if we lose another young stud to an expansion team.  I think Vegas is still sending him gift baskets for Shea.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I don't think the Samueli's are the problem.  They stay out of the hockey side of things, cough Moreno and big splashes, and really give the hockey people run.  Maybe they need to get more involved, and that will only happen if their daughter starts taking over.  Which she might, she's been doing all the jobs at the Gulls to get experience.  

Bob though, I agree.  I think this expansion draft will really show if we lose another young stud to an expansion team.  I think Vegas is still sending him gift baskets for Shea.

Not interfering is good. But, staying out when you're the ultimate 'the buck stops here' is not so good. If they have positioned themselves to not be the evaluator of Bob, so be it. But someone is. And, that someone is not making a move. The Samualis are the boss of that someone.

I think whatever happens at the expansion draft will, at most, be one more symptom of the underlying problem. I don't see us losing anyone that can't be replaced in FA though.

One thing good I can say for Bob (Whether it was intentional or not), he has us in a decent cap space situation going forward.

Hmm.  Ok, we got that one space, in my scenario.  Can't let him go for free right?

Max Comtois and Adam Henrique win Gold with Canada at WHC

Max Comtois and Adam Henrique were two members of Team Canada, who defeated Finland yesterday in the Gold Medal Game. Henrique had an impressive six goals and 11 points in 10 games, while Comtois finished the tournament with four goals and six points in the same number of games.

@arch stanton does bring up a good point regarding the #3 pick, and no Zegras or Drysdale.  

So let's look at the #3, Steel, Silfverberg angle. 

#3 would be no Zegras or Drysdale. 

Steel is young, and promising.  But Zegras/Comtois/Terry.  Eichel/Ludestrom/Rakell.  Getzlaf or Henrique/Volkov/Jones.  nowhere for him to really play.

Silfverberg.  Eichel is owed 6 years/$9 million per. Silfverberg is owed 3 years/$5.25 million.  

So I'm kind of warming up to this idea.  Probably needs one more player.  Lindholm?  That would actually then even out the salary for this year.  Would give Buffalo someone they could flip for a pick and prospect.  Would help the Ducks out in preventing BM from doing something stupid like protecting Silfverberg and Lindholm in the expansion draft.  

And again I repeat. Is this player still 'Jack Eichel' ? Or, is he now the player who formally played like Jack Eichel ?

The Ducks don't need to give up anything to pick up a bad contract. Hell, we could bring back Kessler. Remember how good he used to be before hip surgery.

'Remembering' - that might be where everyone is in a year or two with this guy. And his contract still has 6 years on it.

Another thing, A third overall pick is valuable to the Ducks. We've done well in picking - especially the last two years. Why give up a player probably of the caliber of Zegras or Drysdale for a possible boat anchor.

See the obvious. BM couldn't touch a player of Eichels talent level if he was healthy. The only reason we are considered a front runner is because all the sensible teams are offering highly discounted returns if they're offering anything at all.

Only offer a 2nd round pick (still 35th overall) and maybe one of our veterans if BM just has to do something.

I think the #3 pick is too much to give up unless we get some kind of guarantee on his health.

I just don't feel good about this trade. How can Eichel ever be Eichel again. You can't have a damaged spine in the neck region and be an elite player. So, what would we be getting for $10M a year?

44 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I'd take the big Swede to play next to Drysdale

Fleury has looked good next to Drysdale though.  

But I will say, the D prospects have looked better than the O prospects.  At least the one's that have been mentioned that will be in the 3 pick range.