• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Manson/Lindholm/Fowler were locks to be protected.

Manson and Lindholm would each get a 1st + 2nd + prospects at the trade deadline which is more than they would get for someone like Steel.

Protecting Silf and Des was beyond stupid. Should have gone 4-4-1 and let them take Jones who's only gonna be a 4th liner type in his career.

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@Pujols4MVP Lol at thinking Manson will get anything better than a 3rd.  He's useless, and everyone knows it.  There is a reason why our D is so bad.  It's because he's a pylon that the modern NHL just skates around.

Are you serious ? Everyone around the league Knows Manson is worth a 1st + prospect. Go to any other NHL's team forum and you'll see that such as hfboards.mandatory.com
Manson also was better this year when he was finally healthy, his play was improved over the last 2 seasons.

At last seasons trade deadline Dmen who were lesser than Manson went for a nice return.
Murray would have been fired if he left Manson unprotected.

The problem is leaving Fleury unprotected, when Jones could have been an acceptable loss but they may have a deal with Seattle in regards to Henrique.

Its also speculated now that the Ducks have a trade lined up with Deslauriers and he's traded after expansion draft.

8 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Are you serious ? Everyone around the league Knows Manson is worth a 1st + prospect. Go to any other NHL's team forum and you'll see that such as hfboards.mandatory.com
Manson also was better this year when he was finally healthy, his play was improved over the last 2 seasons.

At last seasons trade deadline Dmen who were lesser than Manson went for a nice return.
Murray would have been fired if he left Manson unprotected.

The problem is leaving Fleury unprotected, when Jones could have been an acceptable loss but they may have a deal with Seattle in regards to Henrique.

Its also speculated now that the Ducks have a trade lined up with Deslauriers and he's traded after expansion draft.

No chance that Manson is better.  Let's see.  he's slow.  Has no shot.  Can't skate out of the zone.  Is a pylon against faster players.  Is often injured.  

He's such a great defender, that the Ducks are near last in defense.  

Ryan Getzlaf Intends To Re-Sign With Anaheim

Might be another sign that Henrique is the one that the Kraken take.  I can't see where Getzlaf would fit with Henrique.  Then it again, it would also mean that BM would have to be awake and making a deal to get a #1C and possibly a #1W for there to be no room.  Something he's not going to do.

Wake Up Reaction GIF

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/479812/mason-mctavish 

Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Place of Birth
Weight
207 lbs / 94 kg

He makes the right play at the right time and in the right place every single shift. He moves one way, drags the defender that way, makes them turn their feet, and then passes to supporting teammates in the opposite direction. He’s a net-front driven forward with a real knack for pouncing on loose pucks and banging rebounds home. McTavish’s unrelenting work rate makes him a constant threat without the puck, too. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, he is a good 2c to Zegras 1c.  I wonder what that means for Lundestrom now though.  3c?

Nothing wrong with that. I think a big weakness of the Ducks in the Bruce era was not having a better 3rd line. A goal is a goal. If you can get it against the other teams 2nd (or sometimes 3rd pairing) with less expensive players, why not.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, he is a good 2c to Zegras 1c.  I wonder what that means for Lundestrom now though.  3c?

Nothing wrong with that. I think a big weakness of the Ducks in the Bruce era was not having a better 3rd line. A goal is a goal. If you can get it against the other teams 2nd (or sometimes 3rd pairing) with less expensive players, why not.

*** Second time this site has double posted on me in a week. You have a glitch.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

*** Second time this site has double posted on me in a week. You have a glitch.

I'd disagree with a bit on that.  Getzlaf/Kesler/Henrique was a pretty good center combo.  Problem is as soon as it was formed, Kesler goes down with a career ending injury, and a few years after that, Getzlaf just got old.  That moved Henrique to the 1, and he's more of a 2 or a 3.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

He kind of sounds like a better puck control version of Vatanen. It's going to be interesting to watch develop.

So far, it looks like the Ducks went a little more for talent than toughness from round 2 on. I know Bob said he was 'going back to getting players like they used to have'. But I don't see that as much as players with high skill sets in one or two areas who can play a roll.

McTavish is definitely Bob's kind of guy. But, I'm ok with him. Maybe he's our new Kesler.

And, what about Hinds. They must have seen something to trade their 3rd in what is supposed to be a much better draft. I'll tell you what, if they don't nickname this guy ketchup, I'm going to be pissed. I don't care if it'd two syllables. Shorten it to Kets or Up.

So if RFA Reinhart is only worth a first round pick and a seventh round goalie prospect with high upside.  What is Eichel, his injury history, and $50 million still owed worth?  At this point, I hope the Ducks stay firm and just offer a first and Silfverberg to offset some of the salary.  Because that NMC is coming up that will absolutely cock block the Sabres.

Lopina - Is this guy supposed to take Carricks spot in a few years? I hope I'm wrong, but this looks like a a filler pick. Come on Bob, I know it's a 4th round pick. But, it's the second pick in the round. A little more high risk/high reward here please.

Kukkonon - I don't know. Take a flyer on a short guy who may develop into a decent bottom 6 guy?

Alexander - Bob, you missed on Cossa. Is taking the next 6'6' guy supposed to make you feel better?

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So if RFA Reinhart is only worth a first round pick and a seventh round goalie prospect with high upside.  What is Eichel, his injury history, and $50 million still owed worth?  At this point, I hope the Ducks stay firm and just offer a first and Silfverberg to offset some of the salary.  Because that NMC is coming up that will absolutely cock block the Sabres.

Sportswriters can keep pushing stories on the next 'team that is in on Eichel'. But the obvious is, no deal means everybody is lowballing them. 

I still think, the Sabres best move is LTIR him next year and go from there.