• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Anaheim Ducks Bring Back Newell Brown

This will be Brown’s third tenure with the organization, going back to when they were still the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Brown had been responsible for the powerplay in Vancouver, which at times was among the best in the league; in 2019-20, Vancouver ranked fourth in the league with the man advantage, cashing in 24.2% of the time.

In those three seasons, the powerplay has ranked 31st, 30th, and 24th, suggesting that Brown could have an immediate effect if he can simply get the team to the middle of the pack.

Couldn't hurt.  

Now that the piss poor season is officially over.  Latest rumors.

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-trade-packages-for-seth-jones-and-top-30-trade-targets/2021/07/05/

1. Jack Eichel – Anaheim, Los Angeles, Calgary, NY Rangers, Minnesota, Vegas, Chicago, Columbus, Florida, Seattle

4. Evgeny Kuznetsov – Columbus, Seattle, Anaheim, Florida.

8. Sam Reinhart – Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Columbus, Anaheim, St. Louis.

Just a hunch here but I think you Ducks guys are gonna be fuming when the Kings get Eichel for a package centered around Turcotte and not Byfield. Unless, of course. the Rangers step in and offer up one of their wingers plus Strom and maybe a couple draft picks

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Just a hunch here but I think you Ducks guys are gonna be fuming when the Kings get Eichel for a package centered around Turcotte and not Byfield. Unless, of course. the Rangers step in and offer up one of their wingers plus Strom and maybe a couple draft picks

I'll wait and see what the winning team gives up first.  4-5 #1 picks is the rumor.  If the Kings put in Turcotte #5, that would equal the Ducks putting in Z #9.  And that would not really bother me, as so far Z (21 pts 17 games Gulls) looks to be better than Turcotte (21 pts 32 games Reign).  This year's picks are also Ducks #3, Kings #8.  While this years draft seems wide open.  That's a lot of real estate to give up between the two teams, and on the Kings side it makes much more sense than on the Ducks side.  

Now if the Kings gave up Byfield #2 and the #8.  Then it's a different story and I'd question if the Kings gave up too much.  Because even though he hasn't produced the points, in his very short NHL career, Byfield looks like he's going to be a beast in the middle.  But I'd still rate Z higher than Byfield.  

The big difference between the I'll say 4 players.  Z and Drysdale look to be for sure #1 pairing players.  Byfield looks like he has potential to be a #1 pairing, might be more of a #2 pairing.  Turcotte right now looks to be a #2/#3 pairing.  

Now if Z and Drysdale are off the table.  That's a different story.  But if I were any team, I'd be hesitant to give up a high pick this season with his injury.  Personally, if I'm giving up a pick/picks.  I'd want them to be conditional 2022/2023 picks based on the number of games in 2021 and 2022.  I'd be comfortable with 62 gp in 2021, gets first round for 2022.  62 gp in 2022 gets first round for 2023.  55 gp, second round.  50 gp third round.  45 gp fourth round.  40 gp fifth round.  35 gp sixth round.  30 gp seventh round.  He'll probably miss significant time in 2021, because what I'm reading is the surgery is a 6 month recovery time.  

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Nope, not going to mind at all. There's a lot of risk there. I doubt Eichel is ever going to be the same - mentally or physically. The guy is not worth 10M per anymore.

But hey go ahead, Jerk that pistol. Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

No, Kings FO? I didn't think so.

Eichel hasn't been moved not because Buffalo is hesitant to make a move. He's still there because no GM wants to answer to their ownership or fans, why he tied up the teams cap space for 5 years on guy with a spinal neck injury. There's just not enough in it for him.

Take back 5M or a Henrique/Fowler type of contract plus a 2nd or future conditional 1st and maybe there's a serious discussion. But, that's not going to happen because Buffalo's GM thinks it will make him look bad.

But hey, if the talk is accurate, people will move their positions and a deal will get done. We'll see.

An option no one is talking about is Eichel sits out next season and continues to rehab. Maybe they give him the option to have the surgery if he self insures for 3-5M per.

Buffalo has all the risk right now. Unless another team is willing to assume enough, it would probably make sense to play this out in house. 

Does anyone know if his contract insured at all?

So it's the offseason, so shoot me.  Could this be a possibility.

Tarasenko has asked for a trade from the Blues because of the Blues medical staff's handling of his injury.  From what I'm reading, he's had 2 surgeries from the team medical staff on his arm issue.  He's had a third surgery from outside of the teams medical staff, which discovered that he had ligiment damage that the team medical staff missed.

Tarasenko is a left shooting RW who is owed 2 years $7.5 million.  If healthy, he's good for 60-70 points.  but the last 2 seasons have been 10 pts in 10 games, and 14 points in 24 games.  He's 29 years old.  

So the big question is, healthy or not?  The other question is what can the Blues get for him.  Age wise, the Blues aren't super old, but also aren't young.  Most of their players are in the high 20's, 30 range.  

In the Ducks realm.  Can they get him?  Now here is where I get crazy.  Would it be silly to think a Tarasenko for Silfverberg straight swap?  Healthy, absolutely not.  But Tarasenko is not healthy.  Silfverberg is probably a 40 point scorer, and on a good line might be a low 50.  Silfverberg is 30, so right in the range of the St. Louis team experience wise.  He's owed 3 years $5.25 million.  So compared to Tarasenko, it's a wash in total salary, but the Blues would be saving $2 million in the next 2 years most likely flat cap.  

So, totally off no chance.  Or is that a snowball I see?

7 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Is this the guy they are lining up to replace Eakins if he falters another year ? It kind of looks like it from what I've read about him.

It does sound like a maybe.  Although there is this foreign dude, I think Swede, that is supposed to be phenomenal at the modern game.  Would really like him.  I think it's this guy.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2020/7/3/21310422/coachs-challenge-podcast-what-makes-rikard-gronborg-an-nhl-coaching-target-europe-development

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/devils-reportedly-contacted-swedish-coach-rikard-gronborg-head-coaching-position/u2pvouel2c0w1q1rl7prhupkp

And it sounds like his contract may be over after this next season.  So that might line up also.

Good AHL depth moves.

Anaheim Ducks Sign Three Players

The Anaheim Ducks have signed three minor league players to contract extensions. Sam Carrick has signed a one-year, one-way extension, while Trevor Carrick and Vinni Lettieri have signed one-year two-way contracts. PuckPedia reports that Sam Carrick will earn $750K on his one-way deal, while Trevor Carrick will have a $750K NHL salary and a $325K minor league guarantee.

Fantasy Island, or possible?

UFA Land O Lakes.  Colorado has Land O Lakes, Saad and Grubauer that are UFA's.  Makar that is a RFA.  Can they afford to sign all of them?  Also McKinnon is 2 years away from a max cap hit, and Burakovsky is a UFA after next season.  

Trade Lindholm + say someone like Steel or Tracey or could even be Heinen unless they want Grant of Deslauriers to Winnipeg for Dubois.

1.  Land O Lakes, Rakell, Dubois

2.  Z, Comtois, Terry

3.  Lundestrom, Jones, Volkov

So, yesterday the deals were flying as teams tried to pickup quality 3rd line guys. What does BM do? Yep, he sighs 3 AHL contracts. 

Now, don't get me wrong. Maybe there wasn't a deal there for the Ducks. And my issues with BM have never been about one trade period. But, after seeing this guy whiff so often when he should have been able to put together a favorable deal at least a few times, it just becomes predictable and disillusioning.