• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 5/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, arch stanton said:

If Laine and Eichel are out of your price range there's alway Sam Reinhart or Johnny Gaudreau. Your choice of Arizona forwards. Seth Jones? Whoever the Rangers are willing to offload in pursuit of Eichel?

I don't think it's the amount that would put someone out of their price range. Or, at least it shouldn't be. In a salary cap environment, shouldn't it be about value and having a plan? Then, balance your team the best you can.

I think this is where the Ducks have failed under Bob. The lack of an overall plan and the skills to carry it out. The fact that the Ducks have such a lack of scoring is a flag here.

I know that there is more to it than that. But what I've stated is a major flaw in Bob's team building techniques.

That being said, I think some of the players you bring up would be good additions at the right price and acquisition cost. Like I said, it's about value. Sadly, Bob seems to think value is getting someone cheap who may outplay his contract (But yet, they rarely do for him.)

49 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I was referring to acquisition price more than money. Zegras and Drysdale will come up in every conversation and to me Eichel is the only one worth packaging Zegras

No way would I trade Zegras or Drysdale if I were the Ducks.  Even for Eichel, or Laine, for that matter.  Once both gains 15-20 pounds, they are going to be a monsters.  

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No way would I trade Zegras or Drysdale if I were the Ducks.  Even for Eichel, or Laine, for that matter.  Once both gains 15-20 pounds, they are going to be a monsters.  

Yeah but Eichel is already a proven stud under contract although my money is on him going to the Rangers as my old buddy Drury's signature move

42 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Yeah but Eichel is already a proven stud under contract although my money is on him going to the Rangers as my old buddy Drury's signature move

Eichel also has that major back issue.  That's his big problem right now.  He could be Eichel, or he could be a boat anchor contract.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Anyone have the Athletic subscription?  They had a mailbag section, and I guess someone brought up Laine.  

The writer said pretty much what you’ve been saying.  Bring him in and let him score.  Ut he also mentioned that Reinhart could be cheaper and bring a better all around game. No mention of what pieces might go the other way

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Anyone have the Athletic subscription?  They had a mailbag section, and I guess someone brought up Laine.  

Basic stuff. No real surprise answers to any of the questions.

Kind of an underlying theme that has come up in the last 3 Mailbox issues is the fan consensus (and Stephens, too) that BM needs to go - but, he won't be fired. Rather, he will be transitioned out at some point. Hopefully, after next season and Maddon will take over.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/05/nhl-sets-2021-draft-lottery-odds.html 

Buffalo Sabres – 16.6%
Anaheim Ducks – 12.1%
Seattle Kraken – 10.3%
New Jersey Devils – 10.3%
Columbus Blue Jackets – 8.5%
Detroit Red Wings – 7.6%
San Jose Sharks – 6.7%
Los Angeles Kings – 5.8%
Vancouver Canucks – 5.4%
Ottawa Senators – 4.5%
Arizona Coyotes – 3.1%*
Chicago Blackhawks – 2.7%
Calgary Flames – 2.2%
Philadelphia Flyers – 1.8%
Dallas Stars – 1.4%
New York Rangers – 1.0%

So in other words, the Blackhawks and Red Wings are locks for 1 and 2.

Mock 2021 NHL Draft: Power to Sabres; Kraken take Beniers at No. 2

3. Anaheim Ducks

Kimelman -- Dylan Guenther, RW, Edmonton (WHL): The Ducks were last in the NHL this season in scoring (2.21 goals per game) and on the power play (8.9 percent), so adding arguably the most dynamic offensive player available makes sense. Guenther (6-1, 175) averaged 2.00 points per game in the Western Hockey League (24 points in 12 games) and can use a hard, accurate shot to score from anywhere in the offensive zone.

Morreale -- Simon Edvinsson, D, Frolunda Jr. (SWE-JR): Edvinsson (6-4, 198) is a physical, left-shot defenseman with a good set of tools, including mobility, skating and a strong shot. He had one assist and averaged 5:48 of ice time in 10 games with Frolunda in the Swedish Hockey League and scored four points (one goal, three assists) in seven games for Sweden at the 2021 IIHF Under-18 World Championship.

Dylan Guenther – 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile

Dylan Guenther Scouting Report: 2021 NHL Draft #6

Sounds good.  But most of his goals were up front.  Didn't think he had an overpowering shot.  And while a lot of his goals were in traffic, didn't think it was a well played defense type of traffic.

12 hours ago, deepdrive said:

He sounds like the type of player who will adjust well to the NHL.

I'm still not sold on the top picks.  Oh, and I just looked at Columbus' draft.  They have not one.  But three first round picks.  Their own pick, Toronto's pick (which will be in the high teens), and the Lightnings pick (which will probably be in the high 20's).  With Seth Jones possibly being traded, I still say you offer the #3 pick, either Lindholm or Manson, and Steel for Laine and Toronto's pick.  I figure asking for the #5 is probably too much.  

I'm also changing tunes on re-signing Getzlaf.  We have Henrique, and as a #1 or #2 line, Rico is a lukewarm.  But as a #3 line, he'll be solid.  

1. Zegras, Comtois, Terry
  2. Lundestrom, Rakell, Laine
  3. Henrique, Jones, Volkov
  4. Shaw/Getzlaf, Deslauriers, Heinen

Trade Silfverberg, Manson, Lindholm, Shaw, Deslauriers, Shattenkirk.

Getzlaf should retire. He's never been the type of guy to put out the effort to rise to the best he can be. Going forward, he will just mail it in. I'm tired of watching him kill our offense (especially power plays) by stopping the quick movement of the puck.

Bye. Too bad you were never the great player you could have been.

I lived in a resort town for a number of years. I saw a lot of people come there to 'change there lives'. Some were successful; some weren't. 

The one's that failed were usually because when they moved to change their lives, they took their selves (the real problem) along.

The Ducks aren't going to be able to trade their problems away, because their problem isn't the players they have. It's the organization. Just look at all the players in the playoffs doing well with other teams.

To fix a problem, you have to realize what the real problem is and be willing to address it. The Ducks aren't there.