• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

It looks to me like Bob and the crew did a good job in rounds 1-3. Then, started drinking.

LOL.  

I need to take a look at the picks.  Then look at them again after I have a few drinks and compare posts.

FYI.  Just found out.  The Reinhart deal.  The first rounder that the Sabres get in 2022 is top 10 protected.  So if Florida say misses the playoff and wins the lottery, that pick is a 2023.  That deal that the Sabres got is far from ideal.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

FYI.  Just found out.  The Reinhart deal.  The first rounder that the Sabres get in 2022 is top 10 protected.  So if Florida say misses the playoff and wins the lottery, that pick is a 2023.  That deal that the Sabres got is far from ideal.

I don't know what Bob is waiting for. He should already be on the phone to Pujols4MVP getting the # to the GM who is going to give us a 1st, 2nd, and prospects for Manson.

Just messing with you Pojuls4MVP. I think your post just shows how much of a diehard Ducks fan you are. This time though, the homer in you blinded you.

Been there, done that. Watching and listening to Bob will cure you of that.

18 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't know what Bob is waiting for. He should already be on the phone to Pujols4MVP getting the # to the GM who is going to give us a 1st, 2nd, and prospects for Manson.

Just messing with you Pojuls4MVP. I think your post just shows how much of a diehard Ducks fan you are. This time though, the homer in you blinded you.

Been there, done that. Watching and listening to Bob will cure you of that.

You should check out forums of non-Ducks teams. Mansons value is easily a 1st + B prospect or pick. Foligno a 3rd liner got a 1st from Toronto.

David Savard who is worse than Manson, Tampa gave up a 1st, 3rd and 4th to get him.

50% salary retention on Manson should return a 1st + 2nd depending on how high the 1st or 2nd is, in which case it would be a 3rd instead of a 2nd.

If they exposed Manson in the expansion draft, Seattle picks him and either trades him for a 1st + or re-signs him.

Lindholm would fetch a larger return and they probably only trade him to a team that wants a contract extension window with Lindholm to maximize the return.

Rakell its hard to say because of his numbers but a team like Edmonton/Toronto with cap problems might give up a 1st + 3rd  for Rakell with 50% salary retention.
The Problem is Murray hasn't moved these players as if he thinks the Ducks can make the playoffs.

Anyone surprised the Ducks haven't done shit in the trade market.  Where it seems like it's musical chairs around the league.  Teams are wheeling and dealing, and yet Bob wants to keep all his precious.

This is going to be like the Sabres.  By the time they lower their price, all the teams will be out of cap space and out of the bidding.  

Bob being Bob.

He's going to dumpster dive at some point here after the trade market dries up. He'll tell us nobody wanted to deal (for the players that got us the second worst record in hockey).

Same-o-same-o.

I still think someone will want Henrique. Bob will give him away for bucket of pucks. Probably take back 75 percent of his salary. We'll see him deep in the playoffs next year.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Bob being Bob.

He's going to dumpster dive at some point here after the trade market dries up. He'll tell us nobody wanted to deal (for the players that got us the second worst record in hockey).

Same-o-same-o.

I still think someone will want Henrique. Bob will give him away for bucket of pucks. Probably take back 75 percent of his salary. We'll see him deep in the playoffs next year.

Word is the Knights are looking for a 2/3 C.  I wouldn't mind Henrique leading the Knights to a Cup.  He seemed to have gotten a raw deal with the Ducks for some reason.

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-new-york-rangers-eichel-fox-zibanejad-and-buchnevich/2021/07/25/

Rick Carpiniello of The Athletic: A source is saying that Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula wants the team to send Jack Eichel to the Western Conference, which would take the New York Rangers out of the running regardless of what the asking price is.

Ducks don’t extend qualifying offer to Danton Heinen

Anaheim #Ducks have qualified the following RFAs:
1. Max Comtois
2. Max Jones
3. Isac Lundestrom
4. Josh Mahura
5. Sam Steel

The following players did not receive a QO:
1. Danton Heinen (QO would have been $2.775M)https://t.co/YiWkZQpZo9

— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) July 26, 2021

6 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I think I'm okay with pretty much everything the Ducks have done lately. Is Maddon running things now?

So you are ok with the chase for last place next season.  Because the Ducks have done shit to do anything with their roster.  

That's why the expansion draft was so frustrating.  Ducks are in this limbo of a rebuild, and a maybe we are just good enough.  We lose a player that would have been a good piece to the rebuild.  And we have done squat to add to make us good enough.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So you are ok with the chase for last place next season.  Because the Ducks have done shit to do anything with their roster.  

That's why the expansion draft was so frustrating.  Ducks are in this limbo of a rebuild, and a maybe we are just good enough.  We lose a player that would have been a good piece to the rebuild.  And we have done squat to add to make us good enough.

Maybe I should have clarified.

I'm okay with what they've done and the mistakes they didn't make, not with what they haven't done.

No, Bob's performance is still a sh*tshow in my book. I thought it would be worse and I'm thankful that it's not.

As far as next year? I have low expectations. So, I'll take the draft pick. And yah, I'm ok with that for one more year. Then hopefully goodbye Bob.

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Maybe I should have clarified.

I'm okay with what they've done and the mistakes they didn't make, not with what they haven't done.

No, Bob's performance is still a sh*tshow in my book. I thought it would be worse and I'm thankful that it's not.

I have a feeling you will be holding BM's beer soon.  

@deepdrive  So say the Ducks acquire Eichel.  What would you be ok with?

For me, it would be Silfverberg or Henrique (cap purposes), conditional top 10 pick 2022, Steel, Tracey.  

If you get Eichel, the C depth would be Eichel, Z, Lundestrom, Getz/Shaw, so Steel is more luxury than anything, and I like Steel.  Tracey was a reach and he was vastly overmatched at the AHL level last season.  He could rebound, but it's just a way to include a first round player.  And the conditional first for 2022 or else it goes to 2023.  I don't think there is any way to get around including a first.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  So say the Ducks acquire Eichel.  What would you be ok with?

For me, it would be Silfverberg or Henrique (cap purposes), conditional top 10 pick 2022, Steel, Tracey.  

If you get Eichel, the C depth would be Eichel, Z, Lundestrom, Getz/Shaw, so Steel is more luxury than anything, and I like Steel.  Tracey was a reach and he was vastly overmatched at the AHL level last season.  He could rebound, but it's just a way to include a first round player.  And the conditional first for 2022 or else it goes to 2023.  I don't think there is any way to get around including a first.  

A big part of my post is geared towards they DIDN"T get Eichel. I think he's probably damaged goods that is never going to be what he used to be.

We already have Kesler and I guess maybe Getzlaf is coming back (Bob got to be Bob). Bringing Eichel in would make it the trifecta Sh!tshow for me.

I wonder how Getzlaf feels signing for only 100K more than a Ritchie. I guess it only stings if you think about it.

I really thought the floor would have been more. Something like 2M+. I guess he wanted to stay more than they wanted him back.

I also wonder if Bob sold him on not having earned his pay last year and if he has a good year will give him a decent contract next year.

I think the guy should have left for a year and played to win. But then again, I don't think winning is a high priority with Ryan. Probably why he never pushed himself to be a better goal scorer. Ryan's got to be Ryan.