Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread


Recommended Posts

I'm still sticking to my guns.

Offense.

  1. Rakell
  2. Terry
  3. Lundestrom
  4. Jones
  5. Steel
  6. Volkov
  7. ??

Defense.

  1. Fowler
  2. Fleury
  3. Mahura

Lines:

  1. Zegras/Comtois/Terry
  2. Lundestrom/Rakell/Volkov
  3. Getzlaf/Jones/Steel
  4. Grant/Deslauriers/Carrick

Defense

  1. Drysdale/Fleury
  2. Fowler/Larsson
  3. Benoit/Mahura

Trade Manson, Lindholm, Silfverberg, Henrique.  Or let the Kraken take them.  

Right now we are $19.8 million under the cap.  Only UFA is Getzlaf, and he won't take much.  RFA, Lundestrom, Jones, Steel, Comtois, Volkov, Mahura.  We could have around $10 million to spend, and if we trade the four above, much much more.  

Although I think the ideal circumstance is we trade + salary to a team that can get us first rounders or high ceiling players that don't have anywhere to play like a Fleury or Volkov.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, gotbeer said:

I don't know what we would do without him 'working the power play'. But, I'd like to find out.

The problem with articles like that is they just get your hopes up. They don't really happen.

I hope Bob doesn't make a deal with them. I really want to see who they will take. One of the few enjoyment perks of this season.

My guess though, is that Bob will make a deal. It's down in his bargain area and I don't think he will be able to resist (No, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm serious.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and I would expose all three of your defensive guys before Lindholm.

Fowler: not worth his contract. He's good but no shot = <6M.

Fleury: new team rush. Trade him before the real Fleury shows up.

Mahura: if he was going to be anything special, he would have shown more by now. Unless, it really is the Ducks development holding our players back (?????).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bob needs to go before he makes a deal.  

Really, he should be on the phone already trying to trade Manson, Lindholm, Silfverberg, and Henrique.  And really Grant and Deslauriers and Shattenkirk also.  

Problem is these are all his signings.  So we need someone new, that will trade them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Oh, and I would expose all three of your defensive guys before Lindholm.

Fowler: not worth his contract. He's good but no shot = <6M.

Fleury: new team rush. Trade him before the real Fleury shows up.

Mahura: if he was going to be anything special, he would have shown more by now. Unless, it really is the Ducks development holding our players back (?????).

Lindholm sucks.  Can't stay healthy, can't put a body on players.  Lindholm also can't skate out of the zone, and relies on the stand and pass method.  He doesn't score.  He just sucks all around, but hey, obscure numbers make him look good.  He's probably so good, that no team will give anything good for him.  You know that when trades come around, and Manson is mentioned but not him, what the rest of the league thinks about him.  Let's put it this way.  Are you really going to give Lindholm a contract after next season?

Fowler is more of a modern defenseman.  He can skate out of the zone or pass it.  When he was knocked out of that one game, it exposed the ducks D completely with him and Drysdale out.  We slowed down, relied on the pass, and stopped moving.  

Fleury and Drysdale seem to have a good chemistry together, and were a pretty formidable #1 line against other teams best.  They move well, cover each other.  This is the future.

Mahura seems to have been stuck in the minors.  He's been one of the top scoring Dmen.  I think he's a victim of Murray's development of young players philosophy more than anything.  He should have been the bottom pairing 2 years ago getting experience, instead of signing aging veterans to be the bottom pairing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you say he can't stay healthy, I would like to know what his missed games percentage compared to Fowler is. Seems they're both about the same.

As for not putting the body on anyone - Fowler? Manson stopped a lot of that too. In fact, the NHL in general has moved away from that (not totally, but steadily).

Doesn't score? Ha! what dman on our team does?

I think a lot of teams would like to have him. And yes, he'll get a contract in the 4-5M range like fowler would if healthy and up for renewal next year.

Our defense was terrible this year. I just don't think it can be laid on Lindholm (or Fowler). I just think Fowler at 6M+ for the next few years is a worse deal than Lindholm  at 5M+ for one year. I'd put him as the #1 guy to keep. Which doesn't mean a lot on a team like the Ducks.

So, we disagree there. But, we already knew that.

My best bet: they're both on the Ducks neet year. Anyone else not named Drysdale: not so sure.

Oh, and I agree Mahura could be the fault of the Ducks. Not Sure. But, I do believe, from past history, that he will be treated like it's his fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

 

Oh, and I agree Mahura could be the fault of the Ducks. Not Sure. But, I do believe, from past history, that he will be treated like it's his fault.

With the GM now.  Yes, absolutely.  

It's also funny seeing guys our GM got, then traded away or let go doing so well elsewhere.  Perron stands out since we just played St Louis.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, gotbeer said:

With the GM now.  Yes, absolutely.  

It's also funny seeing guys our GM got, then traded away or let go doing so well elsewhere.  Perron stands out since we just played St Louis.  

Yah, and too often. That's a real bad sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, gotbeer said:

With the GM now.  Yes, absolutely.  

It's also funny seeing guys our GM got, then traded away or let go doing so well elsewhere.  Perron stands out since we just played St Louis.  

And, again I say, that's a real bad sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't double post that. Someone's trying to make me look bad.

You know what's a good sign? The last couple of weeks when I was rooting for the Ducks to lose. The one thing that stood out that scared me was the Comtois, Zegras, Terry line. I just had a bad feeling when they were on, with the game on the line, they were going to make something happen. I'm looking forward to see how they do next season. I think those 3 just put Getzlaf in the rear view mirror for Ducks fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I didn't double post that. Someone's trying to make me look bad.

You know what's a good sign? The last couple of weeks when I was rooting for the Ducks to lose. The one thing that stood out that scared me was the Comtois, Zegras, Terry line. I just had a bad feeling when they were on, with the game on the line, they were going to make something happen. I'm looking forward to see how they do next season. I think those 3 just put Getzlaf in the rear view mirror for Ducks fans.

Getzlaf would still be a solid 3rd or 4th line center.  Zegras/Lundestrom/Getzlaf/I guess Grant.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also to add.  Eakins has to play the lines like lines and not equally.

That means Zegras line 20 minutes

Lundestrom 16 minutes

Getzlaf 12 minutes

Grant 8 minutes.

Throw a bone for 4 extra minutes if a line is on a roll that game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I almost missed it

GB, their not getting rid of Henrique. I have no idea what that was about earlier this season, but this team needs him.

As bad as we were, we were only 3-4 wins away from being just below the teams competing for playoff spots. I thought we were 2-3 years from competing, but now I think player wise we could be 1-2. Now, management/coaching wise that could be another story.

Looking forward to seeing who we get in the draft. We need a big time player somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The consensus is: no consensus.

Its' going to be interesting since we get a top 4 guy. Kind of important to get this one right.

Powers looks good. But if he doesn't score, he shouldn't be a top 4 even in this draft. He looks more like a safe pick in the 5-7 area.

I think that unless the Ducks have a lot better read than some of these guys, they have to want one of the two forwards.

That being said, I think character is going to play a huge role in this draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

The consensus is: no consensus.

Its' going to be interesting since we get a top 4 guy. Kind of important to get this one right.

Powers looks good. But if he doesn't score, he shouldn't be a top 4 even in this draft. He looks more like a safe pick in the 5-7 area.

I think that unless the Ducks have a lot better read than some of these guys, they have to want one of the two forwards.

That being said, I think character is going to play a huge role in this draft.

Now I might just be more stupider than before.  But this just seems like a draft where if you get a top 6, or more specifically a top 2, would it be of interest to trade down?  Specifically say the Ducks get 1 or 2.  Say you trade Lindholm, Steel, Silfverberg + the 1 or 2 pick to say the Blue Jackets for their 5-9 pick and Laine.  Possible?  Yeah, I know I'm stoopid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stoopid ? Not really.

I think they would tend to be willing to depart with Laine for any decent deal. Maybe moving up to a top 4 spot would do it.

If the Ducks feel one of the top 5-6 guys has high upside that's been missed - keep the pick. If they all seem to have just good NHL potential, I would offer Rakell and our pick for Laine and theirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

Stoopid ? Not really.

I think they would tend to be willing to depart with Laine for any decent deal. Maybe moving up to a top 4 spot would do it.

If the Ducks feel one of the top 5-6 guys has high upside that's been missed - keep the pick. If they all seem to have just good NHL potential, I would offer Rakell and our pick for Laine and theirs.

Could you imagine if the Rakell and pick for Laine and theirs.  Then Lindholm/Steel/Silfverberg for Eichel.

Yeah, now stoopid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...