• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4-26-2021) - The Trout and Rendon return edition

33 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You could easily make the argument that @Jason posted the shittiest take of the night. 

He has looked off with zero command all ST and up until the 2nd inning tonight. It was good to see him make some adjustments. Had he struggled in the 2nd and got pulled then my take wouldn’t have been far off

59 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Adell and Marsh are not going to be ready this year. Marsh will be playing his first season in AAA and Adell needs a full minor league season. We may see one, if not both when the rosters expand in Sept. however. 

I do wonder if Marsh may be ready by August.   He did take part in two months of alternate site work in 2020 after a strong 2019 AA season.

Plus unlike Adell, he is probably already there defensively.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

He has looked off with zero command all ST and up until the 2nd inning tonight. It was good to see him make some adjustments. Had he struggled in the 2nd and got pulled then my take wouldn’t have been far off

Forget ST, he looked like Bemboom on the mound in 2018 in ST. That was history once the bell rang in April.

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Forget ST, he looked like Bemboom on the mound in 2018 in ST. That was history once the bell rang in April.

For the most part ST stats are pointless but the control issues carried over in his first two starts and they were pretty bad. He started tonight the same way but obviously he finished the game very strong and hopefully he builds off of it. Tonight was encouraging. I do have believe that his offense is going to be where contributes the most. In fact he’s been a game changer with his bat so far this season 

To put a night cap on tonight's game (it is 1am here) I talked to a guy that flew out to Arlington just to see Ohtani pitch. He is actually a Cardinals fan that read about a Japanese pitcher that could hit 5 years ago and started following Ohtani's career, even though he knew Ohtani would never end up in St. Louis. He is wearing a Nippon Ham Fighters jersey.

Baseball fans (RIP trolldaddy) are baseball fans. 

20210426_234424.jpg

20210426_234431.jpg

I had no doubt that Ohtani would succeed. You see, I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. Ohtani knows this, and that’s why he’s working his ass off to prove the naysayers wrong.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

To put a night cap on tonight's game (it is 1am here) I talked to a guy that flew out to Arlington just to see Ohtani pitch. He is actually a Cardinals fan that read about a Japanese pitcher that could hit 5 years ago and started following Ohtani's career, even though he knew Ohtani would never end up in St. Louis. He is wearing a Nippon Ham Fighters jersey.

Baseball fans (RIP trolldaddy) are baseball fans. 

20210426_234424.jpg

20210426_234431.jpg

24 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It's ridiculous that anyone shits on Ohtani... or the Angels for having him try to do both.  Especially Angels fans.

It's amazing what he's doing 

I agree.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Great game last night.  

Now, can someone hop over to Vasgergian's house and upgrade his dial-up modem to some high speed wi-fi?  It would be nice if he caught up to the action while announcing it.

I’ve noticed the radio guys have the same issues at times too. I forgot that they don’t go to away games now