• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4-26-2021) - The Trout and Rendon return edition

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Whatever.  It’s exactly how we all feel about players that pick other teams.  How do you feel about Bauer now?  How would you feel about him if he came to the Angels?  Cole?  Odorizzi?  

I mean, I'm not a big name athlete so I would've kept my bitter comment to myself. It's different as a fan. I get what you mean though.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmmm....Kershaw is genuinely a good dude so I think you may be reading into this in a way it wasn't meant. At least I'd like to think that you are.  

Exactly, I feel like Kershaw is a good dude, too, which is why I took offense to his comment about Ohtani. 

Just now, Φαήλος said:

I mean, I'm not a big name athlete so I would've kept my bitter comment to myself. It's different as a fan. I get what you mean though.

Exactly, I feel like Kershaw is a good dude, too, which is why I took offense to his comment about Ohtani. 

Maybe instead of taking offense to his comment you simply move on.  He is a good dude, so this was probably less about being upset about not signing him and more wondering why he was having to answer a question about a player that went to another team.  

1 minute ago, Φαήλος said:

I think when he said "good luck to him" that he actually meant "good luck". 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Maybe instead of taking offense to his comment you simply move on.  He is a good dude, so this was probably less about being upset about not signing him and more wondering why he was having to answer a question about a player that went to another team.  

I'm moving on, I was just reminded of it. I don't harbor any ill will towards Kershaw, I actually respect him as a phenomenal athlete, and he's a humble guy, even though he plays for a team I despise.

Just now, Jason said:

I think @Stradlingis right that he was more annoyed about being asked about a player on another team. hence the "he didn't sign with us" comment. it's a stupid and pointless question posed by a reporter

I interpreted it differently, and I suspect the way the media words things has something to do with it.

6 hours ago, DMVol said:

I guess you are being sarcastic but I'm not sure how to respond.....Lackey got a mid-season call up in 2002 and KRod very late in that year....we don't win the championship without them....they both were good prospects but weren't necessarily thought to be ready that year (particularly KRod)....but they "forced the issue" during the minor league season and, unexpectedly, were key parts of a championship team....My memory is fuzzy but I think Garrett Anderson "forced" a move of Tony Phillips from LF to 3b in 1995 (which worked out pretty well until Phillips relapsed). Weaver was a little more predictable in 2006 but he was so good at SLC they (eventually) had to put him in the rotation....I have no idea if Adell or Marsh could be that good at SLC....but they might...the original point was how it might relate to Pujols....I remember Weaver being sent back to SLC because they didn't want to drop anybody from the rotation (they eventually traded his brother)....he was clearly ready, hell he was outstanding....I would hope Pujols doesn't stand in the way of Marsh or Adell, if they are ready this year....for now, they surely need time at SLC....so we'll see....

Oh okay makes sense. I was interpreting force the issue as in.. play me or trade me type of force the issue.... my bad 

14 hours ago, Φαήλος said:

I had no doubt that Ohtani would succeed. You see, I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. Ohtani knows this, and that’s why he’s working his ass off to prove the naysayers wrong.

You may be on to something here.

They used to handle Ohtani with kid gloves, now they just throw him out there to see what happens.