• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jay, Mayfield, Bemboom, Rojas

tdawg87

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd like to see it replaced by Marsh, Rengifo, Stassi, Ward.

I guess there’s a lot more upside with these guys but I still don’t feel confident that they can be the pieces needed for a contending line up, yet. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I guess there’s a lot more upside with these guys but I still don’t feel confident that they can be the pieces needed for a contending line up, yet. 

Maybe true of Marsh, but I think Rengifo and Ward would be immediate upgrades and obviously getting Stassi back a big boon.

37 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe true of Marsh, but I think Rengifo and Ward would be immediate upgrades and obviously getting Stassi back a big boon.

Yeah, I could see either Rengifo or Ward getting the call.

We need a starting 3B, and I don't think Rojas is particularly qualified to be that right now.

So whoever gets called up should get a lot of starts.  I'd probably prefer Ward, but either one would be an upgrade over what we just saw the last few days.

And also, DFA Jay and add Schebler.

Rojas stays but he is at around half of his leash, if he struggles to get on base in his next 20s or so abs we might have to begin thinking about how to replace him.  Main reason we keep him around as long as possible is he has shown the ability to hit really well, and he is essentially a utility player.  Let's hope it was all nerves and getting that hit was all he needed to get back on track.  I don't really give a care about his 'story' anymore unless he becomes amazing.

This is why the Angels are not a top team currently.  They have some amazing top talent.  The top 3 players are arguably the best in MLB (at least easily top 5).  Some good players within the top 15-20 roster players as well.  But the depth is bad...really bad.  Bench ughhh...worse yet, having to reach down to minors is really not ML-level players.  I don't mean bring up and kick butt -- just somewhat close to league average would be great.  Currently it kills us though. 

It's coming, hopefully, when some of the young guys develop and are ready.  But man it's like scrounging for change in the glove department & car trying to pay a freaking $1 toll.  Brutal.   

1 minute ago, Fourts said:

This is why the Angels are not a top team currently.  They have some amazing top talent.  The top 3 players are arguably the best in MLB (at least easily top 5).  Some good players within the top 15-20 roster players as well.  But the depth is bad...really bad.  Bench ughhh...worse yet, having to reach down to minors is really not ML-level players.  I don't mean bring up and kick butt -- just somewhat close to league average would be great.  Currently it kills us though. 

It's coming, hopefully, when some of the young guys develop and are ready.  But man it's like scrounging for change in the glove department & car trying to pay a freaking $1 toll.  Brutal.   

the Angels lost 5 players from the lineup and bench in about 2 days.  Those players are worth about 10 wins total over the course of a year.  One of them is probably a top 10 player in all of baseball.  Which top teams could lose four players that they didn't get to choose and cover it with avg major leaguers just sitting around the minors?  

Just now, Stradling said:

I actually think we have decent depth if we bring up the right players.  Ward and Rengifo are upgrades over Jay and Mayfield.  

We have very good depth in several areas.  It's horrible at C, RF, and LF (of course) and there's no about of depth that can replace Rendon.  

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the Angels lost 5 players from the lineup and bench in about 2 days.  Those players are worth about 10 wins total over the course of a year.  One of them is probably a top 10 player in all of baseball.  Which top teams could lose four players that they didn't get to choose and cover it with avg major leaguers just sitting around the minors?  

We are about to find out with Houston.