• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jay, Mayfield, Bemboom, Rojas

tdawg87

11 hours ago, Fourts said:

you’re right - The angels and their bench and the whole team is awesome.  

academy awards oscars GIF

Never said that.....I just said you are bitching about things that nothing can be done.  On the road you can only call up those on the taxi squad.  You are judging things based on a four game swing when three starters and a bench player went down and we can only call up those on the taxi squad.

51 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Never said that.....I just said you are bitching about things that nothing can be done.  On the road you can only call up those on the taxi squad.  You are judging things based on a four game swing when three starters and a bench player went down and we can only call up those on the taxi squad.

You're bitching about the bitching.

Kanye West Shrug GIF

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

If only the league gave us control over who we put on the taxi squad.  Too bad they don't have a system in place to select and acquire young/vet players to develop over the years throughout your organization to provide depth throughout and give you an advantage over other teams for when there are injuries, etc.  We could even hire people to identify these people and help bring them in and teach them.  If only they had that.  It would really benefit a team and give you a big advantage over the long course of a grueling 162 game season.  Not to mention with CV issues causing some roster havoc.     

22 hours ago, Fourts said:

If only the league gave us control over who we put on the taxi squad.  Too bad they don't have a system in place to select and acquire young/vet players to develop over the years throughout your organization to provide depth throughout and give you an advantage over other teams for when there are injuries, etc.  We could even hire people to identify these people and help bring them in and teach them.  If only they had that.  It would really benefit a team and give you a big advantage over the long course of a grueling 162 game season.  Not to mention with CV issues causing some roster havoc.     

They do give the team control.  Maddon gave his explanation of his reasoning.  Fletcher explained it on this board.  They believed the youngsters would benefit more by playing every day instead of traveling.  They just didnt expect that they would need to use all four at once on a 6 day trip.  It backfired. 

Can we now focus on other things?  We are 13 games into the season and most of the players that you are bitching about has played only 2.

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Have they announced any roster moves besides the Mayfield one?   Cause, Jon Jay on the roster getting regular at bats is IMO an example of the Angels not being interested in actually winning.

Manasian seems to have relied on Maddon a lot in putting together the roster in the offseason ---Fowler, Jay and others.  I don't know that it is bad in and of itself but if you end up with a team of largely scrappy, veteran guys who the manager likes, I'm not sure how far you'll go.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Have they announced any roster moves besides the Mayfield one?   Cause, Jon Jay on the roster getting regular at bats is IMO an example of the Angels not being interested in actually winning.

I'm hearing Ward will get called up today (maybe more) and he'll get some considerable playing time in RF.

Here's hoping Upton is good to go tonight so we can ship Jay back. He's awful. 

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You say that now

But its because youre not in on the plan...

Step one. Have Jay use Simmons' old locker, and get covid. Step two, have him pinch run. Step three. Sac bunt him over first to third. Step four. Have him infect the others teams infield.

Step five. Have the other team have to use their Jay/Taxi squad for the rest of the series, since they all got covid.

Step six. Take the next two games.

Step 7. Playoffs, baby!

21 hours ago, Fourts said:

Anger much dude?!?  It’s a game and entertainment. Geezzz

hqg GIF

I'm sorry but this is ironic. "It's a game and entertainment" but you've been the main guy complaining and bitching in this topic about said game.

Edited by rafibomb

7 hours ago, stormngt said:

On the road you can only call up those on the taxi squad.

Didn't know this before.

I think it kind of makes sense that in April you have emergency players on the taxi squad.  Guys you think can contribute long-term need to be playing.

Once we get to August/September and every win might make a difference for a playoff spot, I think the composition of the taxi squad changes.  That's when you'll want the absolute next-best guys ready to step in, no?

I know the wins in April count the same...but I can see the thinking.

16 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Didn't know this before.

I think it kind of makes sense that in April you have emergency players on the taxi squad.  Guys you think can contribute long-term need to be playing.

Once we get to August/September and every win might make a difference for a playoff spot, I think the composition of the taxi squad changes.  That's when you'll want the absolute next-best guys ready to step in, no?

I know the wins in April count the same...but I can see the thinking.

The plan made sense but back fired.  However it was only for three games over 162 it should not hurt too much.

Edited by stormngt

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Mel Brooks Poop GIF

I hear what I want to hear apparently. 

No, when Fowler got injured I was told if Ward is ready (I wondered at the time what that meant) that he'd be the first one to get a crack at getting the majority of playing time in RF.

Since then we've learned that Walsh can play a pretty good RF (no worse than Fowler) and that Ward possibly had Covid and wasn't getting the at bats that say Schebler was at the alt site contests.

I know one thing, I'd rather see Schebler in RF and Walsh at 1B than Pujols in the lineup on most days.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So long as they don't do a remake -- those have turned out awfully ugly of late.   Did you ever see the "In Laws" with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk and the remake they did with Michael Douglas?   Complete shit.

Just rename Hollywood RemakeWood.

What ever happened to originality?