• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whatever you do don’t go to the concession stands

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

So I ordered food off of their app, by food I mean popcornopulous, two waters, two beers and wine.  About five minutes later I get a text telling me it’s ready and where to pick it up.  So I go up there to get my order and a couple dozen other people are waiting.  After about 20 minutes I gave up and went and sat back down.   My wife and our friend went up and came back about ten minutes later with our order.  So from the point they said it was ready to when they were actually ready to hand it to us was 30 minutes. And that was for prepackaged popcorn and drinks in bottles or cans.  Then it got worse for a ton of other people. 

I'll be ordering an In-N-Out Double Double locally and even eating the mediocre fries (just to fill me up), then driving to the game. That should be enough food to keep me happy until the game is over. No beer, that's okay, I can endure that for a few hours. 

No way am I going to wait an hour or two for food at this concession mess. Getting in, enjoying the game, and getting out, that's the plan.

2022 might be better, who knows at this point. The new CDC director is talking about "impending doom" so who knows if we'll all be locked down again for a few more years. Who the hell knows at this point. A virus with a 99.8% survival rate has turned into a national nightmare, a really bad one too. It is what it is...

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

What is good at Panda that you are eating after its been in its styrofoam container for 2 or 3 hours?

Panda Express in Ladera Ranch:

Line out the door with people 12 inches from each other waiting to order is “no problem” for store manager.

So busy that everyone is waiting for their food after paying.  Once you pay, then the Nazi rule kicks in that you must leave the store and wait outside for social distancing rules to keep everyone safe.

The lady firmly orders the both of us to go outside even though he is like 9 feet away from me. This dude just looked her in the face, points to the line of 30 people within 37 feet of each other and says, “How about I just get back in line to give you more money, will that work?”

Pretty funny quick come back.

My guess, and it is only a guess, this home stand will be much of the same as it relates to the concessions figuring it all out.  By the time the next home stand starts they will get it figured out by the 2nd or 3rd game.  There are so many built in issues with what they are trying to do.  Start with public perception, places don’t get in trouble for putting systems in place to keep people safe even when those systems fail.  We all saw the picture that Biergott posted and yea, that was my experience as well.  But it was a bad plan that was poorly executed.  That is different than, if they did nothing, had people line up to order as they usually would, then snap that photo.  Then what do you see in that photo?  The Angels don’t care about the pandemic.  Instead, they tried a different approach, that won’t work.  The answer is either going to be go back to how it was, open up every single concession stand (70% of them were closed, at least), and do this for the 14,000 fans that show up.  So staff like you are going to have 45,000 people for the 14,000 that are there.  That is a business nightmare, but it is what it is.  Then you factor in that the spacing is super small, so you can’t “safely” have lines for concessions that are in the same area that fans walk through to get to other parts of the field. Or they simply continue with the order on the app and every order is delivered, which will take longer than we want to wait, but it will solve the gathering issue.   I’ll be honest, as much as it would suck, it would be fun to figure out, operationally.  

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'll be ordering an In-N-Out Double Double locally and even eating the mediocre fires( just to fill me up), then driving to the game. That should be enough food to keep me happy until the game is over. No beer, that's okay, I can endure that for a few hours. 

No way am I going to wait an hour or two for food at this concession mess. Getting in, enjoying the game, and getting out, that's the plan.

2022 might be better, who knows at this point. The new CDC director is talking about "impending doom" so who knows if we'll all be locked down again for a few more years. Who the hell knows at this point. A virus with a 99.8% survival rate has turned into a national nightmare, a really bad one too. It is what it is...

Good luck with those fries by the time you sit down and open that bag.  Bring a small ziplock to hold on to the fillings you lose.

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Panda Express in Ladera Ranch:

Line out the door with people 12 inches from each other waiting to order is “no problem” for store manager.

So busy that everyone is waiting for their food after paying.  Once you pay, then the Nazi rule kicks in that you must leave the store and wait outside for social distancing rules to keep everyone safe.

The lady firmly orders the both of us to go outside even though he is like 9 feet away from me. This dude just looked her in the face, points to the line of 30 people within 37 feet of each other and says, “How about I just get back in line to give you more money, will that work?”

Pretty funny quick come back.

30 people in line for Panda Express in Ladera Ranch? I think you are inflating your numbers here. 

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Once the vast majority of the population is vaccinated and COVID cases are down to minuscule numbers there's no reason anymore for all this crap. 

I thought the original two weeks was to slow the spread (not stop, because that was never realistic) simply to not overwhelm all the hospitals at the same time.

Over a year later we have like a million restrictions controlling all of us under the pretext of preventing the spread, which we knew from day one was never realistic.

After over a year now, can’t people just decide on their own if they want to go to an Angel game?

Just now, st1ckboy said:

30 people in line for Panda Express in Ladera Ranch? I think you are inflating your numbers here. 

With a gun to my head it was probably 25.  Line literally out the door.  It was like three weeks ago on a Friday night.  Jalapeños had line out the door too that night too.  I called my wife and commented on the huge line that night.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

With a gun to my head it was probably 25.  Line literally out the door.  It was like three weeks ago on a Friday night.  Jalapeños had line out the door too that night too.  I called my wife and commented on the huge line that night.

The number has already dropped. You want to keep going lower until we get closer to the truth? 

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I will take “Weird dorks that miss the point by focusing on something meaningless” for $500. . . 

If one part of the story is false why should I believe the rest? 

47 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'll be ordering  In-N-Out

locally and even eating the mediocre fries (just to fill me up)

32 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Once the vast majority of the population is vaccinated and COVID cases are down to minuscule numbers there's no reason anymore for all this crap. 

Amen