• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels 3/3/21

4 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Are people actually upset by 6 inning spring training games? Do people care about the integrity of the Cactus League title? 

I for one really don't care, but in terms of the minor league season getting postponed for a month it does kind of suck that the prospects can't get as much live action playing time in ST games than they would in a 9-inning game. 

4 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Are people actually upset by 6 inning spring training games? Do people care about the integrity of the Cactus League title? 

I'm not upset by it.  I just think it's funny that every game so far has had a different length.  And I don't really get why they have these new rules in place (the minor league facility thing Jeff Fletcher mentioned doesn't really seemed to fully explain it, in my opinion (not saying he's wrong--just saying that seems like a weak justification).

42 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I don't care about the title.  I care about not watching the final 3 innings.  I always enjoyed spring training because I get to see the prospects.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Ohtani crushing bombs and hitting 100 MPH on the gun is a very welcomed sight and a sign he could finally be truly healthy.

The 2018 version of Ohtani will help this team be very competitive, and is something we definitely need.

In ST in 2018 Ohtani looked horrible, and won the ROY. I wonder how a strong ST will effect his regular season; MVP?

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

In ST in 2018 Ohtani looked horrible, and won the ROY. I wonder how and strong ST will effect his regular season; MVP?

I'll take a 850-900 OPS hitter with a 3 FIP pitcher on the mound.  Those results, over a full season, should be a 4-5 fWAR player.

Notably, in 2018, he had a 3.8 fWAR while only pitching 50 innings.

They said Ohtani took his off-season work and conditioning pretty freaking seriously this year, and it shows on the offensive side so far. Looks like he’s ready to go right now on that front. And that ball he hit today... just wow. The last time I can remember anyone crushing a ball like that to center was Trout when he hit that like 491’ bomb in KC a few years ago.