• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Celebrity Sightings in the Airport Edit: And other public places

Here's a few
Joe DiMaggio - coming down an escalator at LAX a few days after Marilyn Monroe died.
Jim Plunkett & Marcus Allen - at LAX the day after winning SB XVIII
Jim McMahon - cruising through a wait area at night wearing his 'shades' at LAX
John Huston & Richard Burton - Puerto Vallarta Airport
David 'Deacon' Jones - We accidentally walked into each other at LAX. I thought he was going to kill me but instead laughed and said, Sorry Brother"!!

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Go ahead... tell us more.

It's been a while but the last time was at an LA Kings game. I'm not into hockey but a friend's parents owned a business and they got some comp tickets for some advertising they bought. The seats were right behind the King's bench and Fred Roggin sat right next to us and Rob Zombie sat behind me. I normally don't care about the celeb thing but since I was going to be sitting next to them the whole game I did speak to them. Both were really cool with us. I also met a girl that played on Days of our Lives back in the 90's (can't remember her name) while snowboarding in Big Bear. She was really attractive and even went riding with us. 

Here's a few off campus sightings.
Pulled up next to a Rolls Royce at a red light on Sherman Way in the Valley. It was freakin' Orson Welles!
Was waiting for the valet to get my car at Lasorda's restaurant. Some guy was screaming at another valet. It was Howie Mandel.
At a Police Concert at the Forum briefly chatted with Michael Landon at the hot dog bar. He was super cool! Same concert, saw Richard Dreyfus smoking something rolled up in some zig zags.
Angels from the past:
Reggie Jackson & Don Baylor together at the Ritz Restaurant in Newport Beach
Mark Langston at Tulsa Rib Factory in Orange
Ron 'Papa Jack' Jackson at a Fullerton Costco
Doug DeCinces at a car wash next to my old RE office in Orange
David Eckstein at a Ralphs in Newport Beach
Garret Anderson at Whole Foods in Irvine
My son bar tends at a beachfront restaurant in Newport Beach and I've seen Tim Salmon there a few times and Chuck Finley a bunch of times. Tim avoids eye contact but Chuck is cool!

met james woods in the parking lot after a kings game. met tom hanks and jon lovett there too. saw many celebrities at the forum over the years, including michael j. fox, john candy, and several others, but rarely met any of them.

was at the hollywood bowl with a date. as we were walking to our seats she said "hey isn't that . . ." and i said "john candy!". his arms were filled with food. he looked at us and said in that goofy way of his "how ya doin', folks."

Telly Savales (probably spelled wrong)

Mike Tyson

Alvin Gentry

and I was on the same flight, a row or two back from David Beckham on a flight back from Switzerland.  

I’m sure there are more, but those I remember right now. 

Oh and I have been on quite a handful of flights with a young female Billionaire, who shall remain nameless.  

6 hours ago, Tank said:

met james woods in the parking lot after a kings game. met tom hanks and jon lovett there too. saw many celebrities at the forum over the years, including michael j. fox, john candy, and several others, but rarely met any of them.

was at the hollywood bowl with a date. as we were walking to our seats she said "hey isn't that . . ." and i said "john candy!". his arms were filled with food. he looked at us and said in that goofy way of his "how ya doin', folks."

How many celebrities did you see at Kings games before 1989?

• T.G. changed the title to Celebrity Sightings in the Airport Edit: And other public places

I thought of a few more..

The late, George Deukmejian at a Chinese restaurant in Long Beach (that no longer exists).

Kenny Booker (UCLA basketball player) on several occasions at a restaurant in Long Beach

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

How many celebrities did you see at Kings games before 1989?

more than you would think, but it certainly increased once 99 came to town.

keifer sutherland and julia roberts were dating for a while, and they both showed up together for a game but then decided to leave early. she had on a big hat and sunglasses while he looked like he was just out for a drink with his friends. it was kind of funny, as if no one would recognize her.

they also filmed a scene for lethal weapon 3 there, and mel gibson was filmed walking right in front of my seats. 

Edited by Tank

5 years in Vegas I saw plenty. Closest encounters were Ed McMahon stepping on my foot in the Riviera, Kelsey Grammar nodded at me as he passed by when he was exiting the Stones concert at the MGM, and I had to re-seat a relay in the back seat of an F-15D that had been knocked loose by Kevin Costner when he was getting a ride at an open house event at Nellis. I saw Jim Everett at the Santa Fe and wished him good luck in New Orleans. I think he was surprised that I recognized him and didn't call him Chris or say anything snarky

I also ran into Bryon Russell (NBA and LB 49er) at the Beverly Center in L.A.

Rode in an elevator with Eric Davis (MLB)

Ned Colletti at Don & Charlie's in Scottsdale.

Like most everyone else, I've seen tons of celebs at sporting events, but one of my biggest thrills was seeing Muhammad Ali at Spring training baseball game in Surprise, AZ.

One more...

Mario Lopez with Ali Landry at a Home and Garden show. They were walking around and she was draped all over him.