• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry Minasian: "We are prepared to go into Spring Training with what we currently have"

BTH

Perry Minasian spoke to the media on Zoom today, and it seems like he's done with the roster. In addition to him saying that they're "prepared to go into Spring Training with what we currently have" the fact that he had this Zoom call today sure seems like an end of offseason type Zoom call. Now, I obviously wasn't on the Zoom call so maybe that wasn't the reason for it, but it sure seems like it.

On the possibility of adding more to the roster before Spring Training:

"Never say never. There's a possibility that we could add to the current group we have. But we are prepared to go into Spring Training with what we currently have, we feel like we've upgraded the roster in a lot of different areas over the course of the offseason, so is it a possibility? Yes. Will it actually end up happening? We'll see."

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/perry-minasian-on-angels-2021-spring-training

Angels are a much deeper team. Not much better at front of rotation, but deeper on rotation and outfield should injuries happen. 

Would be nice to see them add one of Odorizzi, Paxton, Walker or Rosenthal. 

Overall I'm excited to get the season going and watch Detmers, Adell, Marsh, Lagares and Rivera show what they can during Spring Training.

Crazy talent with those names

Perry Minasian just shot himself in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Angels baseball culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Atlanta where you can become successful by being an a******. If you screw a fanbase over in Anaheim by not making a big offseason splash, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the Angels fanbase, after hearing about this, is not going to want to support the Angels, nor will they watch any games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Perry Minasian has alienated an entire market with this move. Perry Minasian, publicly apologize and resign or you can kiss @floplag and @RendZone goodbye. 

Spots without depth or quality have mostly been filled. Some less satisfactorily than others. RF is done. C is done. SP is unlikely to change, though not impossible. RP is the most obvious opening for another move. If they grabbed another legit arm, I wouldn't complain, but I'm okay with going into camp as is. 

At the same time, all he's really saying is they have no immediate roster spots to fill. They could still be working on something, but I wouldn't expect him to say so if they were. Would be incredibly short-sighted to advertise a perceived roster need. 

Damn it, @failos is off his meds again.  @Tank it was your turn to make sure he stayed medicated this week.  Do you remember what happened last time?  We found him butt naked in Mike Scioscia's office, head shaved, cuffed to the office chair, singing "Calling All You Angels." We had to call in @ten ocho recon scout to take him away and he did not go quietly. The cleaning crew still tells stories about the mess they found. No one could believe that much crap could come out of one man's body. Hazmat refused to go in and we had to use the same special crew that cleans @Chuckster70's couch. The money Arte spent on that, cost us at least two good free agents.  That was in 2014 and the Angels haven't made the play-offs since.