• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Moneyballers are now in 1st place

Too bad they aren't playing "moneyball".  Or did you not read the book.  Stealing bases is a big no no in moneyball!

Moneyball is finding undervalued stats so you could get cheaper players.  Stealing was overvalued at the time, and thus guys like Damon was overpaid.

That's not the case anymore.

A's do moneyball in the sense they can't spend as much money.  

I like the A's - they're a smartly run organization that is able to do something the Angels can't seem to manage: optimize payroll dollars. I don't have a pathological fixation on them like I do the Angels, but I don't actively root against them like I do the Rangers or Yankees. If the Angels don't make the playoffs I'll cheer for the A's.

If I were purely objective and without the "Angels addiction", I might choose the A's as my team as I like their organizational philosophy. The same can't be said, unfortunately, about the Angels.

Short memory, Lou?

Yeah, I know, Billy Beane hasn't won a title. He's done pretty damn well, though, and remember that in the only Rocky movie that matters, Rocky didn't win either - he just did much better than anyone expected.

Rocky won a title

Beaneyball never has

...but you get the undying love of mathematicians and statisticians everywhere which, you know, gets you the most important "Better Then Anyone Expected" trophy.

Us not winning a title is a fluke.  Baseball playoffs are notoriously random, the only thing being more random is the hockey playoffs.