• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Jackson has weird stats at I.E.

Sub .200 BA and .634 OPS, but also 21 rbis in just over 100 PAs

BB% up 3% to 11.2% is a good sign though. Also a .229 BAbip so some bad luck factoring in. The results aren’t there but this isn’t a bad start all things considered.

Also anyone know what the scouting report on John Swanda is? Haven't read much about him since he was drafted in 2017 in the 4th round. After 6 more scoreless innings today (4 hits and only one walk with 2 strikeouts), he has now pitched 18 straight innings of shutout ball!!!!

Edited by rafibomb

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Also anyone know what the scouting report on John Swanda is? Haven't read much about him since he was drafted in 2017 in the 4th round. After 6 more scoreless innings today (4 hits and only one walk with 2 strikeouts), he has now pitched 18 straight innings of shutout ball!!!!

Here's what I remember from when he was drafted.  Has been a sleeper on my radar pretty much the whole time since the draft and I thought he had some room to develop and fill out although not a ton ie somewhat projectable frame but not like you see from guys in the 1st couple rounds.  

Struggled out of the gate and then improved a bit his second year.  Third year he made a few solid starts and then went down with TJ.  Missed most of 2019 and then 2020 obviously.  

He was 88-92 out of HS and while he's not missing a ton of bats right now my understanding is that he's got a heavy fastball with sink, a solid kinda slurve and his changeup was becoming better very quickly before he got injured.  

I kinda pegged him as a guy to watch because I though he could have a solid three pitch mix and add some velo but I don't think the latter has happened yet.  So i'm thinking his ceiling is now a lot lower than what I thought it could be when he first started but it's just way too early after not seeing these guy and with the fact that he was injured before I'd be really ready to judge where he could end up.  

For me, he's on my radar as someone to definitely keep an eye on but he could easily top out in AA.  

15 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Athletic pitcher, who was more viewed as a position player before the Angels drafted him. Velo jumped up to 93+ before surgery. Don't know where he's at now. But there's some projection there. 

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Robinson Pina has throw just over 15 inning so far. In those 15 inning he's only allowed 6 hits. But he has 24 walks in those 15 inning. If he can limit his walkes, he is another guy to keep an eye on. 

If a guy walks 24 batters in 15 innings (which is so bad it is actually hilarious), he will never be able to limit his walks. He can literally cut his walks in half, and still be walking like 8 guys per 9 innings.