• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I know Brandon Marsh has struggled out of the gate, but I love those 14 walks in 16 games. I really hope he could give the Angels their first bonafide lead-off hitter since Chone Figgins left. I could see something like .280/.370/.450, at least.

there's some bad luck there but he just hasn't looked comfortable at the plate to me of the games I've seen him.  Like the injury is still nagging him.  

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

One guy who I see as a bit of a sleeper at this point is D'Shawn Knowles. As Fangraphs says, he's got "electric tools." He also seems to do little things well, so I think could surprise us and be a good player. Obviously he doesn't have a real path towards being a regular on the Angels, but he could be a great 4th outfielder.

Hard not to be excited about all of the talented outfielders and middle infielders. Not-so excited about the pitching, though.

I really like Knowles. He’s struggled a bit this year and last time on field but everything is there for things to click quickly and become a Top 100 guy in no time.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So since he was called up last year that starts his six years of club control?  Is that how it works?  

Yes, but it is on pause until he re-joins the major league roster. So he's at 153 days, and when he gets called up the clock starts--by day, not game. So if he gets called up on Sept 16, he won't accrue a full season of service time, so his free agency is held back. If he is called up before and stays up at least 18 days, he is past a full year of service time.

Now as Doc said, they can manipulate next year, as well. Let's say he is called up in August, so goes well over 172 this year. They can still have him start next year in AAA, to keep his total down so that by season's end (of 2022), he's below 2 full years of service time. 

I think, though, they'll focus on his development and how he plays. I don't know Minasian's approach, but the Angels aren't known for manipulating service time all that much.

I know he's eager. His best friend got to play in the pros, he's played against major leaguers and done well. He's in AAA only a step away, the Angels outfield is crappy in most facets, and he's their top prospect and one of the best in the game. 

There's never a good time to get injured, but this is probably the worst timing. Still, looking at him swing, there's absolutely no reason why he should be playing. 

I'm more than a little concerned that the SLC training staff or coaches didn't even call time out to check on him after that first swing. He's clearly in a lot of pain, why the frick did they allow that at bat to continue?

Don't call up Adell. He can hit all the homeruns he wants. He's getting pitches to hit like crazy and that is absolutely not going to happen at the big league level. He needs to show what he can do when pitchers stop throwing him strikes, as @Dochalo has said. And he needs to do that right where he is, at SLC.

Not to be a downer but we really don't need him. I don't see this season going anywhere so why prematurely call him up, again? I don't think any impact he could make would be significantly better than Lagares, especially over 5-6 weeks.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Don't call up Adell. He can hit all the homeruns he wants. He's getting pitches to hit like crazy and that is absolutely not going to happen at the big league level. He needs to show what he can do when pitchers stop throwing him strikes, as @Dochalo has said. And he needs to do that right where he is, at SLC.

Not to be a downer but we really don't need him. I don't see this season going anywhere so why prematurely call him up, again? I don't think any impact he could make would be significantly better than Lagares, especially over 5-6 weeks.

The rest of the league is throwing him strikes because they know if he starts taking pitches and walks he will get promoted, thus keeping him in the minors forever.

7BLi.gif