• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Randy Arozarena Arrested

Lou

Randy Arozarena arrested following incident in Mexico, per reports

By Matt Snyder

Rays outfielder Randy Arozarena has been detained in Mexico and accused of attempting to take his daughter from his ex-wife, with whom she lives, according to Jeff Passan of ESPN. Arozarena has also been accused of assaulting his ex-wife's father. Passan notes that Major League Baseball's Department of Investigations is looking into the matter. 

The Associated Press reported Arozarena was arrested and said Yucatan police confirmed to the AP that he was detained "for problems relating to his ex-partner."

Mexican media outlet Yucatan Ahorafirst reported details about the incident. The Rays have not commented publicly on the matter.

Arozarena, 25, was the breakout star of the MLB postseason in 2020. Despite having only played in 23 regular-season games for the Rays, he hit .377/.442/.831 with an all-time single postseason record 29 hits and 10 home runs during Tampa Bay's run to the World Series.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/rays-randy-arozarena-arrested-following-incident-in-mexico-per-reports/amp/

So during the pandemic I started to collect some baseball cards because I’m an idiot.  I bought a pack of cards and got one of his  autographed rookie cards that was a limited print of 150.   He’s the only card I’ve sold so far, and I got $210 for it during the World Series.  

Tampa Bay Rays OF Randy Arozarena released in Mexico

Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Randy Arozarena was released by Mexican authorities Thursday after his former partner told a judge in Yucatan state that she did not want to press charges.

Arozarena had been detained Tuesday for a situation involving custody of his daughter, just weeks after he was named MVP of the American League Championship Series.

The Yucatan state prosecutors' office confirmed Thursday that Arozarena was released because the former partner said any damages had been settled.

Arozarena has made no public comment, and it was not clear whether he had a lawyer.

The Yucatan state prosecutors' office said Tuesday that Arozarena was detained "for problems relating to his ex-partner."

It was not clear whether he was formally charged with any crime. Mexican law allows a two-day period for prosecutors to decide whether to bring charges. Normally suspects are held in jail pending that decision.

Local media reported that Arozarena married a Colombian woman earlier this month in Merida, the Yucatan state capital.

The Rays had said Tuesday that they were aware of the reports that Arozarena had been detained.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30394511/sources-tampa-bay-rays-randy-arozarena-released-mexico

Edited by Redondo