• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels have contacted former Scouting Director Eddie Bane for the GM job!

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I didn't follow the team super close when he was around. Other than 2009 - an admittedly awesome draft - what has he done?  I mean, drafting Trout doesn't automatically make you a great GM. 

Jered Weaver, Mark Trumbo, Kole Calhoun, Matt Harvey, and Buster Posey (though the latter two went to college and did not sign, obviously). There are several others but those are just off the top of my head. 

I like this idea. Long history of good scouting. He has been around long enough to know who the good scouts are vs the not so good in the industry. Seem like several of those scouts have followed him to the different org's he has been with. I think hiring him would mean that the scouting would be up and running from day one. Having a scouting  staff he is confident in, would allow him more time to get acquainted with the current players.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

interesting. 

does being a good scout translate into being an effective GM?

No....but it means you can evaluate talent and project it...and that is an important part of being a GM...trades, FA signings, in addition to drafting....

Just now, DMVol said:

No....but it means you can evaluate....and that is a big part of being a GM...

true, and vitally important, but then you have to negotiate. can he do that part well, both with players and other GMs? that's my question.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

true, and vitally important, but then you have to negotiate. can he do that part well, both with players and other GMs? that's my question.

I think the best GM’s, or the leaders of any organization for that matter, hire smart people who compliment their skill set....

7 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think the best GM’s, or the leaders of any organization for that matter, hire smart people who compliment their skill set....

i want to hire you to have lunch for me with people on the east coast. i like the way you think. interested?