• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels have contacted former Scouting Director Eddie Bane for the GM job!

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You’d have to think that the mere fact that Bane was called shows that Stoneman still has Arte’s ear. 

I also wonder if there's a sense within the org that they've gone too far from conventional scouting and are too far on the analytics side of things.  That they want to bring at least a segment of that back into the mix.  But yes, I have no doubt that if Stoneman has influence on anything, it's going to be who they make phone calls to in order to achieve their goal.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You’d have to think that the mere fact that Bane was called shows that Stoneman still has Arte’s ear. 

I hope thats the case and that maybe this time around they are giving him greater say or maybe he is just more willing to take on a larger role.  Stoneman's greatest attribute as GM was being able to find underlings who were very good at their jobs.  More than ever they need someone that can put a front office team together.

35 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I just want him back in the org. After I slept on this I think we could do better on the GM front but would love to see him oversee player personnel and scouting. Assistant GM would work too.

To be fair I'm a bit biased on this, so as it turns out I was the one butthurt. Apologies! 

i think everybody would love to have him back in with the scouting department as part of a much larger and improved operation.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I just want him back in the org. After I slept on this I think we could do better on the GM front but would love to see him oversee player personnel and scouting. Assistant GM would work too.

To be fair I'm a bit biased on this, so as it turns out I was the one butthurt. Apologies! 

Slept on it? It must have been a quick nap as it was posted only an hour before.

Bane seems like he’d be a good guy to have back around.  Who can say about the GM gig though ? I haven’t followed his career closely since he left the Angels.  Wasn’t he with the Red Sox in some capacity ? Has he been in close to proximity to what a GM or president of baseball ops does since he left ? If he’s just been scouting (important but less complicated role) it seems to me that he doesn’t make sense for the position.  

GM aside, I want to see them go to change the way their front office is structured.  

Edited by UndertheHalo