• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away at 87

mmc

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Should Republicans push through a nominee then Dems should play their game once they do get in power. 

Add two new supreme court spots, make PR and DC states, split California in two creating a couple more senators.

They absolutely will. I see the dems adding 5-10 seats next time they have power. We will probably see dems  make US territories into states to make senate impossible to take back. The dems are not overly  concerned with losing the court long term. They will eventually win a presidential election and expand the court. Ruth's death has just potentially shit on their plan to steal this election via supreme court challenges. Roberts would have caved and handed this election to Biden. 

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

They absolutely will. I see the dems adding 5-10 seats next time they have power. We will probably see dems  make US territories into states to make senate impossible to take back. The dems are not overly  concerned with losing the court long term. They will eventually win a presidential election and expand the court. Ruth's death has just potentially shit on their plan to steal this election via supreme court challenges. Roberts would have caved and handed this election to Biden. 

Truth though DC and PR should be states.  There is no legitimate argument against it other than it would be bad for Republicans.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

There is a real chance (99.99%) that the election will be contested so how does that work with an 8 person SCOTUS? That’s a constitutional crisis in the making 

Although rare, 4-4 ties are hardly unheard-of—justices do recuse themselves from time to time. A split decision effectively upholds the ruling of the lower court (presumably a state supreme court). In the event of such a tie, the court typically issues what's known as a per curiam decision.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/02/what-happens-in-a-supreme-court-tie.html

--------------

So I'm guessing the DC circuit court would rule on the case? Dems have a majority over there and our friend Merrik Garland is one of the judges.

59 minutes ago, calscuf said:

My bet is a democratic senator in a state with a republican governor and allows for temporary appointees before a special election dies mysteriously and the governor appoints a lackey to vote for Trumps nominee.

The Republican governor will enlist the Clintons' help?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Eh. It's a craig but I can't say Trump said anything wrong. That's how a President should react.

I don’t think he did either. I just roll my eyes at people that say this

“Don’t ever try to tell me this man doesn’t care.”