• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away at 87

mmc

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

They cannot hold up an appointment for years. You guys are being twats. 

They held up Garland's appointment for one year because they thought it was inappropriate to confirm a SC candidate during an Election Year.

So if they move swiftly to confirm whichever wacko Trump nominates, they'll be proving they have no integrity.

48 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I didn't care one way or another and when the house holds up Trumps appiontment I will have the same intrest in it. The only satisfaction I would get is if Trump nominates a moderate that leans left and the Democrats try and defame that person, in essence sacrificing one of their own to prove a point. 

The house doesn't confirm appointments

8 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

They held up Garland's appointment for one year because they thought it was inappropriate to confirm a SC candidate during an Election Year.

So if they move swiftly to confirm whichever wacko Trump nominates, they'll be proving they have no integrity.

Moscow Mitch has already said he would push through an appointee if a spot opens up in the SCOUS. So much for integrity.

Mitch is such a double talking jackass. 

2016...Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate should not confirm a replacement for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia until after the 2016 election — an historic rebuke of President Obama’s authority and an extraordinary challenge to the practice of considering each nominee on his or her individual merits.

The swiftness of McConnell’s statement — coming about an hour after Scalia’s death in Texas had been confirmed — stunned White House officials who had expected the Kentucky Republican to block their nominee with every tool at his disposal, but didn't imagine the combative GOP leader would issue an instant, categorical rejection of anyone Obama chose to nominate.

1 hour ago, Spin Rate said:

Do you Really expect integrity from most of our elected officials? It was stupid for them to hold it up in 2016 stupid for them to hold it up now

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Am I wrong? She had already a half dozen bouts with cancer but she obstnately wouldn't leave the chair to a sucessor that her party cold pick. It was stupid arrogance on her part.

I don’t think you are wrong. I hate Trump, and I made your exact same point to my wife a few hours ago. But I think it’s more a product of old people being stubborn. The whole lifetime appointment is just a terrible idea.