• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: Angels vs. Rockies (9/12/2020) Victor Rojas guarantees a victory.

Claude

6 minutes ago, Justin said:

Because there are no minor leagues this year and the Angels suck. Might as well get him the experience. If the Angels were competing for the postseason, yeah, it would be worth discussing what to do with him. 

His four strikeouts tonight are not helping 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Looks like we got our starting 1B for next season. 

It has been a long time since we've developed a power hitting prospect that has translated solid minor league results at the big league level. 

He had 36 hr’s in the PCL last season so he knows how to put the wood on the ball. 

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

This is the real reason why we are missing the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

The other take away from tonight is maybe Barria really can be the Angels #5 starter in 2021. I know it's only 3 starts but he has looked great.

If they can add a top of the rotation guy like Bauer to Bundy/Heaney/Canning/Barria then they will compete.

I agree 

58 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

The other take away from tonight is maybe Barria really can be the Angels #5 starter in 2021. I know it's only 3 starts but he has looked great.

If they can add a top of the rotation guy like Bauer to Bundy/Heaney/Canning/Barria then they will compete.

And if Barria can be relied upon to be the #5 then the Angels may need to add only one SP and can bring back Simba. An infield of Rendon, Simba, Fletcher, Pujols/Walsh with an outfield of Trout, Upton and Adell with that starting rotation is a playoff team.

Remember he was one of the better if not best starter in 2018.  Its been more than three games.

I think his struggles last year was a combination of Eppler and the Coaching Staff F*** with his head and him out of shape. 

I hope that is the case.  If he finishes strong he should be guaranteed a rotation spot.   

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Remember he was one of the better if not best starter in 2018.  Its been more than three games.

I think his struggles last year was a combination of Eppler and the Coaching Staff F*** with his head and him out of shape. 

I hope that is the case.  If he finishes strong he should be guaranteed a rotation spot.   

I really think Barria and the Doug White/Ausmus plan did not jive. He was terrible when used with an opener and they kept using one with him. 

Barria has looked good. He doesn’t need to be an ace. He needs to do exactly what he’s done so far this year, which is what he did in ‘18. 5-6 IP, 2-4 ER. He won’t shut you out, he’ll get clobbered sometimes, but he should be good for 180 IP and a 4.00 - 4.50 ERA by end of year.  Which would be fantastic compared to our pitching staffs back-of-rotation guys over the last near-decade.