• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday thread: Angels vs. Rockies (9/12/2020) Victor Rojas guarantees a victory.

Claude

10 hours ago, Game 6 said:

Last year Barria was fat. It wasn’t Eppler, it was the buffet table.

This year he looks like he lost 30 pounds  Good for him.

I mentioned he was out of shape. However, however being one of the teams best pitcher in 2018 and in spring training 2019

1. He was demoted for Stratton!

2.  When he was brought up he was used as a reliever. 

3.  They showed no confidence in him by using a "starter".

White, Assmus, and Eppler F'd with the guys head.  

12 hours ago, ukyah said:

quick unofficial poll question

was anybody else aware this even exists?

alternate poll:

are gameday threads dead because the angels have sucked for years or are you hoarding rep?

It doesn’t exist

game day threads are dead because the team isn’t interesting.  Oh and because Upton is playing well.  Ausmus and Scioscia are gone despite Maddon being very similar.  As for hoarding street cred or whatever that dude is trying to say, yea that doesn’t exist. 

@stormngt you bring up Stratton way too much and you tend to want to baby Barria.  Stratton wasn’t brought here to replace Barria he was here for an injured Heaney, which happened the week the season started.  Stratton started 5 games for us.  Meantime Barria had about a 10 ERA in AAA.  Dude has had success but his k rate and walk rate are both below average and they weren’t great in 18.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

@stormngt you bring up Stratton way too much and you tend to want to baby Barria.  Stratton wasn’t brought here to replace Barria he was here for an injured Heaney, which happened the week the season started.  Stratton started 5 games for us.  Meantime Barria had about a 10 ERA in AAA.  Dude has had success but his k rate and walk rate are both below average and they weren’t great in 18.  

No I do not bring it up too often.  Barrira, despite pitching well in preseason and pitching well in 2018, was demoted to AAA.

Why?  

Stratton was traded March 26 as a starter.  Since Stratton was in the rotation at the start of the year and Barria wasn't on the team.  Thus Stratton replaced Barria!

I know he didn't pitch well in 2019.  That is why I didnt complain about Barria not being in the rotation in 2020.

However Barria pitched well in 2018.  You seem to want to ignore the fact that 2019 wasn't his first season.  Barria earned a starting spot.  The screwed him.  They screwed with his head and did not trust him to start a game.  

Yes Barria pitched poorly in 2019.  However there is no doubt in my mind the fucked with the kids head.  

Barria  split as a starter has a 4.05 ERA.

Are there any other starters over the last three years with a better ERA?

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

No I do not bring it up too often.  Barrira, despite pitching well in preseason and pitching well in 2018, was demoted to AAA.

Why?  

Stratton was traded March 26 as a starter.  Since Stratton was in the rotation at the start of the year and Barria wasn't on the team.  Thus Stratton replaced Barria!

I know he didn't pitch well in 2019.  That is why I didnt complain about Barria not being in the rotation in 2020.

However Barria pitched well in 2018.  You seem to want to ignore the fact that 2019 wasn't his first season.  Barria earned a starting spot.  The screwed him.  They screwed with his head and did not trust him to start a game.  

Yes Barria pitched poorly in 2019.  However there is no doubt in my mind the fucked with the kids head.  

Barria  split as a starter has a 4.05 ERA.

Are there any other starters over the last three years with a better ERA?

Why?  Because Barria had minor league options and Stratton didn’t.  Stratton replaced Heaney.  The team wanted more depth.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why?  Because Barria had minor league options and Stratton didn’t.  Stratton replaced Heaney.  The team wanted more depth.  

If Stratton was replacing Heaney thete should have been a spot in the rotation for Barria.  You argument has no logic to it.

Whatever moves the front office had it screwed with Barria's head.

Just now, stormngt said:

If Stratton was replacing Heaney thete should have been a spot in the rotation for Barria.  You argument has no logic to it.

Whatever moves the front office had it screwed with Barria's head.

If it screwed with his head then he will fail as a pitcher.  And of course my argument has logic because it’s exactly what happened. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If it screwed with his head then he will fail as a pitcher.  And of course my argument has logic because it’s exactly what 

Why was it necessary to place Barria in Salt Lake if Stratton didnt take his spot.  If Stratton had taken Heaneys spot then both Stratton and Barria would be in the starting rotation.  

The Angel's started pitching to start 2019:

Cahill, Harvey, Pena, Skaggs, Stratton. 

Barria should have been starting in place of Stratton.  They fucked with the kids head!

Now you can continue to debate me despite not being able to change my mind or you cam enjoy today's game.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Why was it necessary to place Barria in Salt Lake if Stratton didnt take his spot.  If Stratton had taken Heaneys spot then both Stratton and Barria would be in the starting rotation.  

The Angel's started pitching to start 2019:

Cahill, Harvey, Pena, Skaggs, Stratton. 

Barria should have been starting in place of Stratton.  They fucked with the kids head!

Now you can continue to debate me despite not being able to change my mind or you cam enjoy today's game.

Which guy had minor league options?  Was it Harvey, Cahill, Pena, Skaggs, Stratton or Barria?  
Hint: The guy that got sent down is the answer. 

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Which guy had minor league options?  Was it Harvey, Cahill, Pena, Skaggs, Stratton or Barria?  
Hint: The guy that got sent down is then

I guess you dont want to enjoy today's game.

Stratton was an F'n disaster no matter how you try to spin it.  Maybe if they used him as a reliever it may have turned out better.

Barria was screwed over by Eppler, White, and Assmus no matter how you want to spin it!

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I guess you dont want to enjoy today's game.

Stratton was an F'n disaster no matter how you try to spin it.  Maybe if they used him as a reliever it may have turned out better.

Barria was screwed over by Eppler, White, and Assmus no matter how you want to spin it!

Ok so he’s a victim and I’m sure that bodes well for his success as an MLB pitcher.   He faces adversity goes to the minors, apparently pouts his way to performing worse than Stratton and you choose to defend him.  Go for it.   Oh and I can enjoy baseball and discuss things simultaneously.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so he’s a victim and I’m sure that bodes well for his success as an MLB pitcher.   He faces adversity goes to the minors, apparently pouts his way to performing worse than Stratton and you choose to defend him.  Go for it.   Oh and I can enjoy baseball and discuss things simultaneously.  

Under Scioscia

23 games 3.41 ERA ERA + 123

Under Assmus 

18 games 6.33 ERA ERA+ 72

Under Madden

3.36 ERA. ERA+ 138

I think his prospects of success as a major league pitcher is fairly bright.   So long as Assmus and White doesnt fuck with his head!

Go enjoy the game.  Upton is up as the go ahead run in 6th inning.