• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Giants (8/20/2020)

Chuck

2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

remember when someone posted about jon miller or whoever in the giants previous series saying things were going to get better because they were playing the angels? how that was going to be bulletin board material?

i guess the angels invested all their bulletin board money in pitching.

That was me. I wonder if any of the players even knew about it. But yeah, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Just now, robblin17 said:

I don’t think it was ever anyone of major consequence or a near term contributor. No way was it Marsh. Maybe Paris/Knowles or someone like that.  

Maybe Adams or maybe it was a guy like Chris Rodriguez where the Dodgers would be banking on him turning the corner as it relates to health.  If I remember correctly we would be getting Andy Pages back.  I also heard the name Taylor Ward, but I don’t remember where I heard that rumor.  Bottom line is it was one year of Joc, 2 years of Stripling for 6 years of Rengifo and whomever the minor leaguers were.  

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

I’m concerned Ohtani is jumping out of the way of fastballs right down the middle. Something major has broken inside of him. 

He came in with amazing pride and self confidence. Somewhere along the way he seems to have lost that.

Injuries may have had a cumulative negative mental and physical affect. Losing his pitching ability may have created doubt about the type of player he wanted to be. He has regressed so much in his hitting that he looks nothing like the batter he was for two years. 

And don't discount cultural isolation and language  in the dressing room and dugout. There are certain forms of team bonding and chemistry that are subliminal and important. These aren't isolated robots or emotionless mercenaries. 

He may be a good guy and does his best, but after some years the connection with the rest of the team and coaches could get strained. Especially when facing adversity. 

His ambitions were so high that he can't seem to handle failure. 

4 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I am starting to doubt this shit is fixable during Trout's prime. We have to get better with drafting and player development long term In the short term, it will take a crafty GM and some luck to fix this mess. 

We don’t have a crafty GM.

3 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I am starting to doubt this shit is fixable during Trout's prime. We have to get better with drafting and player development long term In the short term, it will take a crafty GM and some luck to fix this mess. 

I just stated in another thread that it's time to trade him. This organization is going nowhere. Let's get some trade value from a team who actually has a chance to win the World Series in the next 5 years. If Trout stays on the Angels he will never win a world series period. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I just stated in another thread that it's time to trade him. This organization is going nowhere. Let's get some trade value from a team who actually has a chance to win the World Series in the next 5 years. If Trout stays on the Angels he will never win a world series period. 

Trading him probably is the right move. I just can't bring myself to say it.

1 minute ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It’s not. This team is a good 5 years away from competing. And Trout turns 30 next year. His prime is most likely already behind him as it is. Total disgrace. 

Pujols is toast 

Upton is toast 

Shohei is naked and afraid

Simmons is declining 

Adell is not ready 

Pitching is a complete disaster 

Trout must be really disappointed in Eppler.

14 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It’s not. This team is a good 5 years away from competing. And Trout turns 30 next year. His prime is most likely already behind him as it is. Total disgrace. 

His best five years could be starting right now. If we do a whole lot of things right and have some luck thrown in we just might get to a World Series.

Big if's.

Lol it still cracks me up at all the people who just go to total extremes like trading Trout. We all know we are better then what the record suggests. We just need to get some pitching now. We have a lot of trade assets not named Trout. 

It’s pretty cringy the way some of you just go of the deep end. We are 2 good starters and 2 good bullpen arms away from being good. Sign Bauer or Oderizzi in the offseason and then trade for another starter. If we have to give up Adell at this point so be it. Our offense is good enough.

Everyone just chill the fuck out. This is still fixable. Eppler just needs to get his shit together.