• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Giants (8/20/2020)

Chuck

1 minute ago, thebloob said:

I'll ask the question again.  As the season spirals our of control does anyone think Trout could think of his newborn at home and say it's just not worth it anymore and opt out for the rest of the season.  Scrub this year, come back strong next year.

Hopefully. 

Just now, robblin17 said:

Maddon will probably be enjoying his Swan Song just like the rest of them. 

No doubt. This feels like a team just going through the motions of pretending to be a professional team.

1 minute ago, thebloob said:

I'll ask the question again.  As the season spirals our of control does anyone think Trout could think of his newborn at home and say it's just not worth it anymore and opt out for the rest of the season.  Scrub this year, come back strong next year.

His first “off” year with the bat in a fake season. Time to put that asterisk right next to his numbers for 2020. 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:54 PM, eligrba4ever said:

Giants announcer Jon Miller promised his  viewers "things will get better" just now. The A's have trashed Los Gigantes all weekend. 

The reason Jon sees a brighter tomorrow? He pointed out the Giants will face the Angels the next four games.

Now I understand.

28 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Dodgers are 19-8

A’s are 17-8 

How did this team get so bad. There is no way it can be fixed in one offseason. 

To me it seems like the Angels thought they had Gerrit Cole locked up and had zero attainable backup plans once he slipped through their fingers. In the end they got a great shortstop and the worst pitching staff in Major League Baseball. Epic fail of an off-season. If I was Eppler I would choke myself. 

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

To me it seems like the Angels thought they had Gerrit Cole locked up and had zero attainable backup plans once he slipped through their fingers. In the end they got a great shortstop and the worst pitching staff in Major League Baseball. Epic fail of an off-season. If I was Eppler I would choke myself. 

I get your point, but Cole alone wouldn’t have solved this shitshow. I mean maybe we’d have like three more wins at this point.