• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Giants (8/20/2020)

Chuck

They need at least two starters to go with Bundy, Sandoval, and eventually Detmers.

I’d trade Heaney for a decent pitching prospect that Callaway has faith in.

They need to add at least three relievers.

Not you Eppler, you failed miserably at acquiring pitching, outside of Petit, Robles, and Bundy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

To me it seems like the Angels thought they had Gerrit Cole locked up and had zero attainable backup plans once he slipped through their fingers. In the end they got a great shortstop and the worst pitching staff in Major League Baseball. Epic fail of an off-season. If I was Eppler I would choke myself. 

To be fair he traded for stripling and Joc. Maybe he was aware of how bad Upton would be.  Even with those two I don't think we're at .500 though

Ohtani may go down as one of the strangest one year wonders ever. Seemingly with unlimited two way potential, injuries have ruined his pitching career. And his hitting has regressed to below major league level. 

Has cultural/linguistic isolation from his team mates factored in? He seemed have unlimited confidence and ambition.  But that was when he was going good. Was that that quickly dissipated because he can't handle the humiliation of failure? 

Is he even a valuable trade asset anymore or a flawed novelty act? 

Whatever, he will have his place on the list of one year wonders if he doesn't turn things around.

9 minutes ago, Don said:

I get your point, but Cole alone wouldn’t have solved this shitshow. I mean maybe we’d have like three more wins at this point.

Ya I’m with you on that. My point is this team didn’t acquire any arm worth a shit this offseason except Bundy who won’t be turning this club around either. It was truly a pathetic offseason. Something is severely wrong with this team’s scouting and signing ability when it comes to pitching. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Ya I’m with you on that. My point is this team didn’t acquire any arm worth a shit this offseason except Bundy who won’t be turning this club around either. It was truly a pathetic offseason. Something is severely wrong with this team’s scouting and signing ability when it comes to pitching. 

Yep. Firm agree.

8 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Ohtani may go down as one of the strangest one year wonders ever. Seemingly with unlimited two way potential, injuries have ruined his pitching career. And his hitting has regressed to below major league level. 

Has cultural/linguistic isolation from his team mates factored in? He seemed have unlimited confidence and ambition.  But that was when he was going good. Was that that quickly dissipated because he can't handle the humiliation of failure? 

Is he even a valuable trade asset anymore or a flawed novelty act? 

Whatever, he will have his place on the list of one year wonders if he doesn't turn things around

One year wonder? he's had two very good full seasons

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

I was very unhappy with the way this team approached the offseason. Eppler has done well to rebuild this organization from the bottom but he is incredibly risk averse I think. Rendon and Trout are two bargains even if the contracts are high risk long term. There was no move to make a gamble on a player who wasn't a sure thing or virtually free. I understand the logic but this team needed more pitching.

1 minute ago, failos said:

So Doug White wasn't the problem I guess? Shit is shit. Not even Michelangelo could work with that.

True story, Michelangelo originally started sculpting the David statue out of shit, but soon learned that it wasn't going to work and thus moved on to marble.