• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let Jo Adell play

44 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Practice, practice we talking about practice come on practice. You can practice all you want after season. Experiences is what will count get him 60 games now that's the best practice.

Never mind......it would be like trying to get a frog to drink water with their mouth.

Edited by eligrba

On 7/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, Hubs said:

Does anyone actually think he’s gonna play every game starting on opening day?

He’ll get 35 games tops, which is not enough to see if he’ll be the everyday guy in 2021. Had they had a full season and he got say 85 games then I could see him being the everyday guy.

I do not think he will be starter in RF but I wish he was for the experience and his development. He is a very special player.

14 hours ago, RBM said:

This is idiotic. The regular season is not a time for evaluation, it's the time to play the players who give the team the best chance to win. How do you not understand this? I've seen some really stupid posts from you lately. Are you trolling or simply clueless?

Win what this year? Players that Angels future should be playing. Simmons will not be signed this off season, teams will be looking to cut payroll. Besides I think Adell is halos best option in RF for this shortened season. Put Adell in RF and Fletcher at SS.

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea if Simmons will get an extension or not. But if they can agree on a contract it’s in the Angels best interest to do so.  

I'm saying with this virus in the off season teams will not be spending. Teams may be letting players go that are going to arbitration. Things are not normal who knows by next season if fans will be allowed in stands or in a limited capacity. Teams are going to cut payroll anyway they can. I love Simmons as a player but he will not be back.

Look if and when Adell is ready, he'll be on the team. On that note, if we can get an extra cheap year for Adell we should do it. 

Michael Kopech , he's sitting out for this year, and i get it. But the white Sox wasted two years of team control. He has one more year of team control, before gettting expensive 

20 hours ago, RBM said:

This is idiotic. The regular season is not a time for evaluation, it's the time to play the players who give the team the best chance to win. How do you not understand this? I've seen some really stupid posts from you lately. Are you trolling or simply clueless?

Who gives you best chance to win in RF, Maddon taking long look at Adell

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Look if and when Adell is ready, he'll be on the team. On that note, if we can get an extra cheap year for Adell we should do it. 

Michael Kopech , he's sitting out for this year, and i get it. But the white Sox wasted two years of team control. He has one more year of team control, before gettting expensive 

New CBA after 2021 so things will change with that. How do you know a player is ready or not? 

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

New CBA after 2021 so things will change with that. How do you know a player is ready or not? 

You don't know what changes will come, stop pretending you do. 

As far as knowing when a guy is ready or not..  I'd say someone not striking out 30% of the time he steps into a batters box is a pretty solid starting point.   We have all seen what he's done in the minors, the times he's struggled he then mastered the level and moved up.   So far we have only seen him struggle in AAA...  

Many players have a strike out rate of 30% in  this age of HR baseball. The problem is one of the top prospect in all of baseball will not be playing this year. I feel Adell is a very special player with his speed and defense he would provide. Nobody knows if this season is going to take place or let alone 2021. Only way to improve is play. Use games we have to improve as no minor league games this year. Yes changes are coming with new CBA. May be good for players or bad, hell next season may be canceled way things are going. I do know attendance will be down in all sports if they play next year.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You don't know what changes will come, stop pretending you do. 

As far as knowing when a guy is ready or not..  I'd say someone not striking out 30% of the time he steps into a batters box is a pretty solid starting point.   We have all seen what he's done in the minors, the times he's struggled he then mastered the level and moved up.   So far we have only seen him struggle in AAA...  

Aaron Judge at 36% look at Acuna, Pete Alonso, Harper. what I'm saying you cannot just go K% to know if someone is ready. Let him play

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

hold up hold up. on a serious note, got ask, how old are you kid? you sound like your new to this baseball thing.

like you want us to sit our 2nd/3rd best player these past few years, for a rookie that has 0 MLB experience, and struggled in Triple A..... Like this isnt how Baseball works.

I want to sit Simmons and Pujols, Simmons will not be resigned for next year as teams will be cutting payroll. Pujols just needs to go. This 60 game season if it is played should be used to help one of the top prospect in baseball to improve. Adell did not play that many games at AAA last year. I'm just saying let our best prospect play other wise just  a wasted year for Adell. This is not a normal year for baseball we do not know how much time Trout will miss or if he will opt out. Who do you want in RF in this covid season? What I'm saying let's use the 60 games for the future. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Sitting Simmons is such a stupid idea. 

It's Hofstra stupid. 

It depends how you look at this season. 60 games to win a world series? Simmons I love as a player but this off season being a free agent will not be pretty. Unless we have a total change with covid owners will not be spending money. Attendance in 2021 will be down if we have a season. Use the 60 games to help players who are the future, Adell, Thaiss and Fletcher. Just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

It depends how you look at this season. 60 games to win a world series? Simmons I love as a player but this off season being a free agent will not be pretty. Unless we have a total change with covid owners will not be spending money. Attendance in 2021 will be down if we have a season. Use the 60 games to help players who are the future, Adell, Thaiss and Fletcher. Just my opinion.

Like I said . . . 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I want to sit Simmons and Pujols, Simmons will not be resigned for next year as teams will be cutting payroll. Pujols just needs to go. This 60 game season if it is played should be used to help one of the top prospect in baseball to improve. Adell did not play that many games at AAA last year. I'm just saying let our best prospect play other wise just  a wasted year for Adell. This is not a normal year for baseball we do not know how much time Trout will miss or if he will opt out. Who do you want in RF in this covid season? What I'm saying let's use the 60 games for the future. 

Baseball also has fans in the stands and we are not having that.