• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let Jo Adell play

29 minutes ago, stormngt said:

In my opinion it is better to have Adell up where they are actually playing than skipping the summer and hoping the Arizona Fall League happens.

I don't know enough about what the taxi squad will be doing to have an opinion on what would best serve Adell's development.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If he is still developing than I don't have a problem.  I just wonder how does he "polishes his game" with intrasquad games.

How does he polish his game playing twice a week at the major league level if he isn’t ready?  

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

I don't know but I am certain it's better than playing "practice games".

No, it really isn’t.  Do you really think players in the MLB practice all day long?  I am guessing guys 30-60 will be treated much more like extended spring training with live BP against other guys in the org as well as scrimmage games.  What won’t happen is him playing 2-3 times a week and then sitting on the bench for the next 3-4 days.  

20 hours ago, Stradling said:

No, it really isn’t.  Do you really think players in the MLB practice all day long?  I am guessing guys 30-60 will be treated much more like extended spring training with live BP against other guys in the org as well as scrimmage games.  What won’t happen is him playing 2-3 times a week and then sitting on the bench for the next 3-4 days.  

We are of difference opinion.  Playing 2 or 3 times a week is better than nothing.

Now if there is real opportunity to grow as a player by going on the taxi squad than I really dont care.  I do believe every player that is sitting on his ass this summer this summer is going to regress in their development. 

I dont think Adell is going to be a fixture in the Angels OF Until 2022. He had a chance to come up midseason and take the job full time by 2021, but now, with the shortened season, he's only likely to be get a little time if any.

Does anyone actually think he’s gonna play every game starting on opening day?

He’ll get 35 games tops, which is not enough to see if he’ll be the everyday guy in 2021. Had they had a full season and he got say 85 games then I could see him being the everyday guy.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:28 PM, stormngt said:

Is it better to have him regress by not playing?

Adell is on the cusp of a major league career. Do you honestly believe he will regress? Based on everything I have read on Adell, he will take this time to work on the areas he needs to improve without playing in games. Practice can also be beneficial for focused and motivated players. I am not worried about Adell.

8 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Adell is on the cusp of a major league career. Do you honestly believe he will regress? Based on everything I have read on Adell, he will take this time to work on the areas he needs to improve without playing in games. Practice can also be beneficial for focused and motivated players. I am not worried about Adell.

today is a good example of just that. My understanding is he lead off the game, then he batted about again 4 batters later.  He did this against a guy that has major league experience.  So he will be getting these types of reps every day instead of sitting on the bench 3 out of 4 days if he was in the bigs.  I have no idea how they are running this years teams as it relates to the active roster.  I know in the past a player had to be down for 10 days unless there was an injury.  I kinda hope this year is more flexible where there is simply an active roster each day and you choose that active roster from the 40-60 man pool of players.  If that was possible then you'd actually be gaining at least one additional player because you simply wouldn't have yesterday's starter on the active roster.

21 hours ago, eligrba said:

Practice, practice we talking about practice come on practice. You can practice all you want after season. Experiences is what will count get him 60 games now that's the best practice.

He will grow and learn by playing. Let him get 60 games under his belt he is halo future along with Marsh, Fletcher, Thaiss and others let them play. Sit Albert and Simmons, let's use this 60 games for these players to get experience. Practice all you want in off season this is great time to evaluate players.

13 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Only way to find out is play. Give him the experience in a meaningless season. He will grow and learn from it.

That’s exactly the plan.  Play him in the AZ fall league, you know, a meaningless season. 

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

He will grow and learn by playing. Let him get 60 games under his belt he is halo future along with Marsh, Fletcher, Thaiss and others let them play. Sit Albert and Simmons, let's use this 60 games for these players to get experience. Practice all you want in off season this is great time to evaluate players.

Sit Simmons?  Why stop there, sit Trout since Adams will be a CFer at some point.