• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let Jo Adell play

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

So this is Simmons last year?  Since owners won’t be spending money Simmons and all available free agents will be forced to retire because owners won’t spend money.  That sucks for that pitching we need.  

They will sign FA but not anywhere near the money in the past. Owners will losing a lot of money this season and next year unless this virus just disappears. One world leader said it will.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

So this is Simmons last year?  Since owners won’t be spending money Simmons and all available free agents will be forced to retire because owners won’t spend money.  That sucks for that pitching we need.  

Owners will take a wait and see what happens with virus. Many arbitration  players will not be offered contracts. If anything I believe Angels would use money on pitching.

39 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

They are going to play the guys that will give the team the best chance to win now.  Maybe that includes Adell, maybe not.  However,  they are not going to punt on this season and treat it as an exhibition. 

So Albert plays? He cannot run or field because he is slow. LaStella to 1B, Fletcher 2B they will help more than Albert. Have Thaiss or Walsh at 1B.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So Albert plays? He cannot run or field because he is slow. LaStella to 1B, Fletcher 2B they will help more than Albert. Have Thaiss or Walsh at 1B.

Weren’t you the same guy that said “LaStella is not going to play first” just last week?  Only to be refuted by that 2 minutes later?

13 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I want to sit Simmons and Pujols, Simmons will not be resigned for next year as teams will be cutting payroll. Pujols just needs to go. This 60 game season if it is played should be used to help one of the top prospect in baseball to improve. Adell did not play that many games at AAA last year. I'm just saying let our best prospect play other wise just  a wasted year for Adell. This is not a normal year for baseball we do not know how much time Trout will miss or if he will opt out. Who do you want in RF in this covid season? What I'm saying let's use the 60 games for the future. 

your logic is really dumb.

there's more value in playing Simmons than not. if simmons returns to his peak, he's a 5 war guy, that 5 extra wins for us! not only this,  it also increase his trade value, plus we can attach an QO to him next years free agency. 

you assuming that Adell year will be wasted if he stays with the king beach squad. which is no not true. they'll have there intrasquad games, have the chance to develop in a controlled environment. even in the intrasquad games, they'll be guys that have had mlb experience will will help the young guys 

16 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Aaron Judge at 36% look at Acuna, Pete Alonso, Harper. what I'm saying you cannot just go K% to know if someone is ready. Let him play

Grats, now you're making numbers up.

Judge's K rate his final season in AAA was 23% -- down from 28.3% the previous year and that in turn was the only full minor league season where he posted a K rate above 25.3%.   The 36% you're quoting came in a 5 game rehab assignment....   Now, do you want to talk about his walk rates in AAA?  150+ games 11.3% 

Acuna -- 22% in AAA.   AA it was 23%.
Alonso -- 25.9% in AAA.  AA it was 18.3% with a walk rate above 15%

Bryce Harper played a total of 21 games above High A prior to making his MLB debut at age 19 -- he posted a K rate of 16%   Despite becoming what some consider to be a K machine in recent years his career worst K rate in any MLB season was 26.3 -- his career average is 21.8.   His career walk rate is 14.7.

None of your examples support your opinion.  None of them.    

Again, Adell's k rate is just a starting point.

They would have to trade him by August 31 this year. Angels will not offer him a QO if they did he would accept it at 18 mill for 1 year. People we are in a pandemic owners will not want to spend. By the end of this season if it completed this virus will still be here. College cutting back on early games and their season may be canceled. Owners losing money this year and who knows what next year will look like. I hope Simmons has big 60 games and help Angels win. Things are not normal and owners will not spend. Before this virus started halos could have extended him and they did not. If he is traded before August 31 will not get much on a player for 30 game rental. Who do you put in RF this year? 

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Grats, now you're making numbers up.

Judge's K rate his final season in AAA was 23% -- down from 28.3% the previous year and that in turn was the only full minor league season where he posted a K rate above 25.3%.   The 36% you're quoting came in a 5 game rehab assignment....   Now, do you want to talk about his walk rates in AAA?  150+ games 11.3% 

Acuna -- 22% in AAA.   AA it was 23%.
Alonso -- 25.9% in AAA.  AA it was 18.3% with a walk rate above 15%

Bryce Harper played a total of 21 games above High A prior to making his MLB debut at age 19 -- he posted a K rate of 16%   Despite becoming what some consider to be a K machine in recent years his career worst K rate in any MLB season was 26.3 -- his career average is 21.8.   His career walk rate is 14.7.

None of your examples support your opinion.  None of them.    

Again, Adell's k rate is just a starting point.

Those numbers are big league numbers, showing we are in age of HR or strikeouts.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Those numbers are big league numbers, showing we are in age of HR or strikeouts.

First, you're still guilty of making numbers up....   Here are the MLB leaders in K rate last year for qualified hitters...

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2019&month=0&season1=2019&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2019-01-01&enddate=2019-12-31&sort=10,d

All of two MLB players struck out as much as 30% of the time -- Domingo Santana and Roughed Odor. 

Second...  it really really silly to think a guy that is striking out 30% of the time in AAA isn't going to see that number rise .vs MLB pitching and again -- it's not just the Ks...  

BTW -- here are the PCL leaders in K rate...  https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&lg=4&stats=bat&qual=y&type=1&team=&season=2019&seasonEnd=2019&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=5,1

Edwin Rios, Brandon Snyder, Michael Gettys, and Adolis Garcia are the only guys who got enough qualifying at bats and also posted K rates over 30%   The best of that lot -- Gettys, ranks as the 30th best prospect of the Padres.

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

People we are in a pandemic owners will not want to spend

Every time someone comes along and says owners don’t want to spend, they’re 100% wrong. 
Your opinions are not going to be the exception to this rule.

Edited by Tank

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

Every time someone comes along and says don’t want to spend, they’re 100% wrong. 
Your opinions are not going to be the exception to this rule.

I would like to have this idea reviewed. Can I get a ruling from the booth?

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

I know the comment is in jest.

However did want to point out that every FA is going to be under paid.   Next year maybe a great time to sign Simmons on a short term deal

26 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I know the comment is in jest.

However did want to point out that every FA is going to be under paid.   Next year maybe a great time to sign Simmons on a short term deal

Absolutely.  That is exactly my point.  We will see guys like Simmons get 3 year deals at about $10-12 million a year.  For the potential of a 3-4 WAR season, sign me up.  There are a few starters I would keep my eye on, but at the same time we have a ton of money coming off the books the following year with Albert.  So a guy like Teheran got $9 million, you might be able to resign him for $6-7 million.  Guys like Stroman, Bauer, Ray and Paxton will all be more affordable than in years past.  We will see how it all plays out.  Now would be a good time to sign a guy like Simmons to an extension and trade Rengifo for the best young catcher you can get for him.  

5 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

They would have to trade him by August 31 this year. Angels will not offer him a QO if they did he would accept it at 18 mill for 1 year. People we are in a pandemic owners will not want to spend. By the end of this season if it completed this virus will still be here. College cutting back on early games and their season may be canceled. Owners losing money this year and who knows what next year will look like. I hope Simmons has big 60 games and help Angels win. Things are not normal and owners will not spend. Before this virus started halos could have extended him and they did not. If he is traded before August 31 will not get much on a player for 30 game rental. Who do you put in RF this year? 

Glad I don't play baseball.

-Patrick Mahomes II

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

The dodgers should sit Betts this year because he is a pending agent. 

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

The dodgers should sit Betts this year because he is a pending agent. 

Totally different as Betts value a lot higher and Dodgers will try and sign him. Betts will not get 400 mill. Simmons will be 31 and not signed by halos in my opinion. MI halos have options, plus with covid I feel owners will not be spending this off season to much unknown.