• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are we having a baseball season in 2020?

I've only popped in here a few times since the suspension of Spring Training in March.

I'd forgotten about Angels 1961's ridiculously dumb posts. I was also going to write to ask some of your opinions about what will happen, but I will do it in a way that does not look like your 90 year old grandpa got on the interwebnet videotypewriter thing.

1) Since the commissioner imposed the season, do players get full service time?

2) DH seems likely. How does that affect competitive nature.

3) What is the roster size? 26?

4) Will there be an All-Star Game?

5) Is there a trade deadline? When?

6) What do you think the schedule will be like? 60 games is a number that doesn't lend itself well to the reported 10 team field x 3.

And Angels specific questions

1) How Many Games do you think Ohtani starts? How often does he DH? Can he be both?

2) How Many Games do you think Canning starts? Does Reid Detmers have a chance at a start in the majors?

3) What is our rotation? What does the primary bullpen look like?

4) Who is our second baseman? Is it a straight platoon?

5) LaStella isn't going to play a lot of 1st base, so who does? Thaiss? Pujols? Platoon?

6) Does Adell have a chance to win the starting RF spot?

7) Who hits first? Who hits fourth? Who hits Ninth?

8.1) Will Andrelton rebound?

8.2) Will Upton rebound?

9) Should the Angels sign Puig or another free agent?

10) Do the Angels win the World Series?

31 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I've only popped in here a few times since the suspension of Spring Training in March.

I'd forgotten about Angels 1961's ridiculously dumb posts. I was also going to write to ask some of your opinions about what will happen, but I will do it in a way that does not look like your 90 year old grandpa got on the interwebnet videotypewriter thing.

1) Since the commissioner imposed the season, do players get full service time?  --  Don't know

2) DH seems likely. How does that affect competitive nature. -- Good question

3) What is the roster size? 26? -- I believe so, but there's also an extended roster of available players if needed.  

4) Will there be an All-Star Game? -- It was scrapped for this year.

5) Is there a trade deadline? When? -- I believe there to be no trade deadline, due to lateness of the start of the season.

6) What do you think the schedule will be like? 60 games is a number that doesn't lend itself well to the reported 10 team field x 3.  -- 60 games, same divisions as always, Halos likely only playing against AL West and NL West teams to save travel.    

1) How Many Games do you think Ohtani starts? How often does he DH? Can he be both?  --  Guessing 11 starts/60 innings and 40 DH starts

2) How Many Games do you think Canning starts? Does Reid Detmers have a chance at a start in the majors?  --  Guessing 9 starts for Canning, Detmers an outside chance

3) What is our rotation? What does the primary bullpen look like? -- Heaney, Ohtani, Canning, Sandoval, Teheran, and BundyUndertaker, Buttrey, Andriese, Barnes, Buchter, Bedrock Jr., N. Ramirez, and F. Pena 

4) Who is our second baseman? Is it a straight platoon? -- Fletcher gets almost all of the starts.

5) LaStella isn't going to play a lot of 1st base, so who does? Thaiss? Pujols? Platoon? -- Pujols 40 starts, Thaiss 20 starts, short season keeping Pujols fresher

6) Does Adell have a chance to win the starting RF spot? -- Yes

7) Who hits first? Who hits fourth? Who hits Ninth? -- Fletcher, Ohtani/Rendon, Adell/Thaiss

8.1) Will Andrelton rebound? -- Yes

8.2) Will Upton rebound? -- Yes

9) Should the Angels sign Puig or another free agent? -- No

10) Do the Angels win the World Series? -- Up in the air

Edited by Angel Oracle

49 minutes ago, Hubs said:

6) What do you think the schedule will be like? 60 games is a number that doesn't lend itself well to the reported 10 team field x 3.

1) How Many Games do you think Ohtani starts? How often does he DH? Can he be both?

2) How Many Games do you think Canning starts? Does Reid Detmers have a chance at a start in the majors?

3) What is our rotation? What does the primary bullpen look like?

4) Who is our second baseman? Is it a straight platoon?

5) LaStella isn't going to play a lot of 1st base, so who does? Thaiss? Pujols? Platoon?

6) Does Adell have a chance to win the starting RF spot?

8.1) Will Andrelton rebound?

8.2) Will Upton rebound?

9) Should the Angels sign Puig or another free agent?

10) Do the Angels win the World Series?

What happens when virus hits teams? Will season be cancelled?

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I’m just happy to be able to talk about baseball games. 

Oracle, I disagree with you on two points.  One, I think LaStella starts the majority at 2nd with Fletcher getting a few gams in the OF, SS, and 3rd. (Rendon or Upton to DH). Like a 40/20 split. And thus, Lineup would be when Ohtani isn’t pitching or resting:

LaStella / Fletcher, Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Upton, Pujols/Thaiss, Simmons, Castro, Adell/Goodwin/Fletcher

And When Ohtani is not hitting:

LaStella, Trout, Rendon, Upton, Pujols/Thaiss, Simmons, Castro, Fletcher, Goodwin/Adell

Fletcher will fill in at whomever the DH spot is, unless it’s Pujols.

12 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

What happens when virus hits teams? Will season be cancelled?

Yes the first person to test positive the season is immediately canceled despite all the work that went into getting this going. This is set in stone.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

1) How Many Games do you think Ohtani starts? How often does he DH? Can he be both? 1  10-12 games 

2) How Many Games do you think Canning starts? Does Reid Detmers have a chance at a start in the majors? depends in his arm. Detmers probably won't start or be on the roster til 21

3) What is our rotation? What does the primary bullpen look like? Ohtani, Heaney, Bundy, Canning,....Battle for the 5th spot

4) Who is our second baseman? Is it a straight platoon?  La Stella, with Flech being the ultimate ul guy that will get his bats

6) Does Adell have a chance to win the starting RF spot? interesting question, it's going to depend on how Goody does in spring training 2.0

8.1) Will Andrelton rebound? i think he will

8.2) Will Upton rebound? rebound as an all-star or what? i'm expecting him to be 2.5-3 war guy

9) Should the Angels sign Puig or another free agent?. Nope

10) Do the Angels win the World Series?. lets nit Jinx anything now....Knock on wood..

50 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I’m just happy to be able to talk about baseball games. 

Oracle, I disagree with you on two points.  One, I think LaStella starts the majority at 2nd with Fletcher getting a few gams in the OF, SS, and 3rd. (Rendon or Upton to DH). Like a 40/20 split. And thus, Lineup would be when Ohtani isn’t pitching or resting:

LaStella / Fletcher, Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Upton, Pujols/Thaiss, Simmons, Castro, Adell/Goodwin/Fletcher

And When Ohtani is not hitting:

LaStella, Trout, Rendon, Upton, Pujols/Thaiss, Simmons, Castro, Fletcher, Goodwin/Adell

Fletcher will fill in at whomever the DH spot is, unless it’s Pujols.

LaStella is contingent on being able to pick up where he left off a year ago before getting hurt.    If so, then I could see a platoon of Fletcher and LaStella with Fletcher getting say 20 additional starts at LF/RF/3B to give Adell and Rendon a breather in RF and at 3B and allowing Upton to DH in say 15-20 games.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

merged duplicate threads by the same contributor

I feel like I am in some sort of bizarre time warp where every thread I click on is going have bizarro questions, and worries about Fred McGriff's asterisked career.