• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Marginalizing works as a really good way to stifle and a really good way to get people violent.

I am not saying we are at the point you describe but we are certainly at a point where the free exercise of speech and ides is threatened

If free exercise of speech and ideas gets to big and profitable, some safeguards can't hurt.  

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

From what I’ve seen.  Most of the big conservative social media accounts are still up and running, crawling up on the cross every day per usual.  Primarily the ones that have been removed are Q anon related accounts directly or indirectly endorsing violence.  And also, a bunch of what are probably bot accounts.  These are the ones that people are talking about when they whine about losing x number of followers.

So I have to be honest.  I have not seen this massive purge that you guys seem to keep saying is happening. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Consider this.  If the Georgia Secretary of State was some other random Republican.  If you’re to believe the data that’s out there about what republicans believe about this election.  There a decent chance that Trump would have gotten away with flipping this.  

real comforting thought about the current state of our countries institutional integrity to even be able to do an election.  One guy possibly separating the country from some banana republic shit.  And just lucky that it happened to be that this one guy wasn’t willing to destroy the republic this time.  I’m not being hyperbolic when I say we’re seriously in trouble.  We really are.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

There is danger in that, you have the majority deciding so the minority is now not protected.

I know, I am just being biased because this discussion starts with you know who being removed first.  There was plenty of free exercise of speech, not sure about the ideas part, surely there never was a good one. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What do you think it’s the correct response to a massive and well funded disinformation campaign whose sole purpose is undermining and possibly over turning the results of a legitimate election ? I mean, there has to be some line where those ideas are rejected or no ?

I've generally been mostly in agreement with mt's position on this but as time goes on it's getting more and more difficult to maintain this view. The internet is still relatively new, so in a lot of ways this is just the beginning. While this may be the first time that sharing insane ideas has influenced our national politics, this isn't the first time we've seen people brainwashed and radicalized online. Isis and generic Islamic terrorists before them have been doing this for years. There is a ton of dark shit online for people open to looking at it. I don't have a solution to this problem but we need to come up with one.

8 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

There is danger in that, you have the majority deciding so the minority is now not protected.

I don’t understand how you can take this position in good faith.  Do you know how many more people are represented by the Democratic Party in the senate and house than Republicans.  It’s basically an even split in the senate and a very tight democratic majority in the house.  I’m sorry, I can’t accept this idea that the minority political opinion is being trampled. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've generally been mostly in agreement with mt's position on this but as time goes on it's getting more and more difficult to maintain this view. The internet is still relatively new, so in a lot of ways this is just the beginning. While this may be the first time that sharing insane ideas has influenced our national politics, this isn't the first time we've seen people brainwashed and radicalized online. Isis and generic Islamic terrorists before them have been doing this for years. There is a ton of dark shit online for people open to looking at it. I don't have a solution to this problem but we need to come up with one.

Ya I mean I don’t have any answer.  It’s a problem and I don’t know what the solution is.  Like I said, if people want to reach out and try and talk down these people.  I mean fine, I don’t think that talking about that is dangerous or bad. 

45 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So are you arguing that the government should not allow private social media companies to censor people online?

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

im saying that the idea that there is some actual movement to “re educate” people in the draconian sense of like camps or whatever is ridiculous and simply not a real thing.  And also, it’s probably fine to acknowledge we have a real problem with patently false conspiracy theories being accepted in the main stream.  And, that is potentially a serious problem for stability in this country.  It might be a good idea to think about how those ideas might be taken less seriously.   

Remember the Obamacare death panels? And Obama coming to take away our guns? And the Syrian refugees are undercover terrorists?

This feels kind of like that.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Remember the Obamacare death panels? And Obama coming to take away our guns? And the Syrian refugees are undercover terrorists?

This feels kind of like that.

Thanks for digging up these gold medal American patriot fan fics.  I always enjoyed imagining Obama euthanizing grandma because she like got pneumonia or whatever.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

From what I’ve seen.  Most of the big conservative social media accounts are still up and running, crawling up on the cross every day per usual.  Primarily the ones that have been removed are Q anon related accounts directly or indirectly endorsing violence.  And also, a bunch of what are probably bot accounts.  These are the ones that people are talking about when they whine about losing x number of followers.

So I have to be honest.  I have not seen this massive purge that you guys seem to keep saying is happening. 

you've made some interesting points in the last couple of pages.

one area of purging has been the shutting down of parler, a conservative oriented social media site. apple and google refused to make it available and the app no longer works.

my point in what i've been saying is that there are people who want to make lists of those who were to loyal to or supported trump. to what end? what is their goal with doing this? how will this information be used? i can't think of any time in history when one political group has made lists of those in an opposite political group and it ended well. the fact that people in positions of influence are talking about this publicly concerns me greatly. nothing has happened, yet, but it's certainly on some people's minds.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

one area of purging has been the shutting down of parler, a conservative oriented social media site. apple and google refused to make it available and the app no longer works.

my point in what i've been saying is that there are people who want to make lists of those who were to loyal to or supported trump. to what end? what is their goal with doing this? how will this information be used? i can't think of any time in history when one political group has made lists of those in an opposite political group and it ended well. the fact that people in positions of influence are talking about this publicly concerns me greatly. nothing has happened, yet, but it's certainly on some people's minds.

If by "parler, a conservative oriented social media site" you mean a breeding ground for domestic terrorism you would be correct. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Who has made a list ? Im not familiar with this specifically.  I’ve seen dumb ass liberal personalities talk about bullshit like that but am I supposed to be concerned about Alyssa Milano making a “list”.  Conservatives btw, have also done this stuff.  People doxxing each other online isn’t a new thing.  And as far the feds keeping tabs on people.  I mean, I think that ship has sailed a long time ago.  I don’t think that there is some new paradigm with that. 

and who’s minds are we talking about here ? Ben Shapiro ? Dennis Prager ? Donald Trump Jr ? Charlie Kirk ?  These are characters I see screaming about this shit.  Their entire deal is scaring old white conservatives.  It’s literally all they do.  They terrify them 5 days a week 3 hours a day and then sell them underwear and dick pills.  Maybe you should stop listening to these people who are wrong about everything all the time.  And not only are they wrong they fucking lie they’re fucking cowardly rats scurrying away as soon as the heat actually did turn up a little bit.  Egging people on with their bullshit for years and years and now when people took them up on it.  Hey, no violence folks !! These guys can all get fucked.  

also, as I understand it.  Parler is going to back online soon, it may already be back.  Fear not, the insane gathering places of nazis online are safe.  

you know you really seem like a good guy tank.  I’m not trying to patronize you. I just think you really don’t understand who these people are that you keep going to bat for.  It’s not George Will conservatives.  It’s actual neo nazis.  People proud to call themselves fascists.  Parler is a genuinely demented hyper radicalized place for the right.  That’s not an exaggeration.  The worst scum bags on earth are jerking each other off there.  Basically stormfront  but in short form posts like Twitter.  Stop worrying about them.  

Edited by UndertheHalo