• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

Howard Zinn writes about Columbus. He talked about how Columbus put quotas on the natives for how much gold they needed to find each day. There were minor revolts here and there. Some natives had their hands cutoff as punishment. He also says there were women with newborns who drowned them rather than let them grow up under these conditions. 

fwiw.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

Howard Zinn writes about Columbus. He talked about how Columbus put quotas on the natives for how much gold they needed to find each day. There were minor revolts here and there. Some natives had their hands cutoff as punishment. He also says there were women with newborns who drowned them rather than let them grow up under these conditions. 

fwiw.

Tank is a nice guy so I won’t use the crude words to describe how I think Howard Zinn should have been thrown out of a helicopter. 

1 minute ago, failos said:

I mostly agree, but Columbus was still a bad hombre 

The Spaniards that followed him made him look like Jesus but in their time period there were no international laws on how you treated indigenous people of a conquered land. Your job was to secure riches for the crown, not embark on a quest for fair trade and social justice. And this was no different from settled lands that were taken and taken back across Europe and the middle east. This spoils were for the victor, the people's were under the mercy of the conquerors. 

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Tank is a nice guy so I won’t use the crude words to describe how I think Howard Zinn should have been thrown out of a helicopter. 

I haven’t seen his info on Columbus from anyone else. I’m well aware that Zinn isn’t embraced by everyone. I’ve only read part of his book and found it interesting. 

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Shocking 

I'm gonna steal a page out of Lou's book and ask why anyone would care what people are saying on Twitter? Yes they're employees and theyre stupid and biased. 

You know how many of Trump's twitter followers are actual, real people? I'm going to say 50%.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm gonna steal a page out of Lou's book and ask why anyone would care what people are saying on Twitter? Yes they're employees and theyre stupid and biased. 

You know how many of Trump's twitter followers are actual, real people? I'm going to say 50%.

Fox News is basically the conservative version of the Huffington Post at this point with these stupid articles. 

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They have over 300 million subscribers. That's a very large audience and that is why it matters.  Not so much employees opinions but Twitter's censorship

Edited by Jason

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They have over 300 million subscribers. That's a very large audience and that is why it matters.  

Less than 50 million of those are from the US. Though you'll notice, oddly, that there are a lot of uh, foreigners who support Trump. Like people from India and shit.

I agree that social media "matters" in that it impacts people's opinions on basically everything. But....wait for it.....

Both sides.