• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to the exact procedure of how this is supposed to be done and handled but as commander in chief, can’t he just order the troops home?

When Trump took office, this should have been his first order of business. Not a wall to replace an existing wall, not Obamacare, DACA. He could work on those things as well but this was priority number one and it just doesn’t seem like it ever was. There are people dying in that country who weren’t even alive on 9/11. It’s ridiculous. I’m glad Trump is focusing on it now but he’s doing it in an election year and therefore played with people’s lives who he could have helped two or three years ago.

As for the article, I don’t think you need troops in the country to investigate if Russia was putting bounties on our soldiers. If they want analysis on what would happen to the country by withdrawing our troops and our counterterrorism efforts, we’ve only had the last decade to figure that out. And that’s when the war was already in its ninth year.

Rant over.

20 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to the exact procedure of how this is supposed to be done and handled but as commander in chief, can’t he just order the troops home?

When Trump took office, this should have been his first order of business. Not a wall to replace an existing wall, not Obamacare, DACA. He could work on those things as well but this was priority number one and it just doesn’t seem like it ever was. There are people dying in that country who weren’t even alive on 9/11. It’s ridiculous. I’m glad Trump is focusing on it now but he’s doing it in an election year and therefore played with people’s lives who he could have helped two or three years ago.

As for the article, I don’t think you need troops in the country to investigate if Russia was putting bounties on our soldiers. If they want analysis on what would happen to the country by withdrawing our troops and our counterterrorism efforts, we’ve only had the last decade to figure that out. And that’s when the war was already in its ninth year.

Rant over.

The Dems are just trying to undercut him. That's all 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

According to the article it was passed 45-11. 

There are currently 31 Dems and 26 Reps on the committee. So at the least there are 14 Reps also trying to undercut him?

House Committee on Armed Services - GovTrack.us
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/committees/HSAS#reports

31 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

There are currently 31 Dems and 26 Reps on the committee. So at the least there are 14 Reps also trying to undercut him?

Yes. They love war too 

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes. They love war too 

I read it more as oversight than them "loving war." In case you haven't noticed but Trump has a tendency to make decisions without notifying those involved or any research of the matter at hand. 

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Did you not hear anyone against Trump are just Democrats trying to undercut him including Mueller, Bolton, and Berman, a registered Republican and a Trump donor. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

we saw this with trent lott and obama.

it's frustrating as hell the lengths they'll go to so they don't have to give credit to the other side.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

fuck all these people. 

THE U.S. MILITARY HAS BEEN fighting in Afghanistan for almost nineteen years. House Democrats, working in tandem with key pro-war GOP lawmakers such as Rep. Liz Cheney, are ensuring that continues.

Last night, the House Armed Services Committee voted overwhelmingly in favor of an amendment — jointly sponsored by Democratic Congressman Jason Crow of Colorado and Congresswoman Cheney of Wyoming — prohibiting the expenditure of monies to reduce the number of U.S. troops deployed in Afghanistan below 8,000 without a series of conditions first being met.

The imposed conditions are by no means trivial: for these troop reductions from Afghanistan to be allowed, the Defense Department must be able to certify, among other things, that leaving Afghanistan “will not increase the risk for the expansion of existing or formation of new terrorist safe havens inside Afghanistan” and “will not compromise or otherwise negatively affect the ongoing United States counter terrorism mission against the Islamic State, al Qaeda, and associated forces.”

President Trump throughout the year has insisted that the Pentagon present plans for withdrawing all troops from Afghanistan prior to the end of 2020. Last week, reports indicated that “the Trump administration is close to finalizing a decision to withdraw more than 4,000 troops from Afghanistan by the fall.” Trump’s plan “would reduce the number of troops from 8,600 to 4,500 and would be the lowest number since the very earliest days of the war in Afghanistan, which began in 2001.” In February, Trump announced an agreement with the Taliban to end the war completely.

==========================

I think we're in some sort of bizarro world.

There was a trump booth right outside my 7/11. I was actually pretty damn surprised. I live in Laguna Niguel right now. Mostly rich white people and latinos. Cars driving by were honking a lot. 

Don't think the 7/11 employees, who are all mexican, were very pleased.

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

I drive through the extreme north east of California today, which is an area I had never been through.  

Like other areas I’ve passed through with beautiful landscape and dumb as fuck locals, there was no lack of Trump banners, Trump signs, pick-ups with gun racks and MAGA flags flying.  

I played the guess the driver game with myself and it was always an obese white (white) woman or a younger farmer looking MAGA man wearing a baseball cap with a bill bent so severely that white trash in riverside and corona would have a panic attack.

Ya, Dallas is libtard compared to Northern Calif up there. It should be named Texas Just Prettier. Oregon is nut job also.  Why would kc have gone to Missouri when his people were just up the 101 to the 5. I am thinking of retiring there and deck my property out with Trump merch in the front and grow weed in the back.